Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Disappearing For A While

Old 06-09-2005, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a female opinion from me!

In all honesty, I couldn't care less for marriage. To me, I don't need a piece of paper or a ring on my finger to remind me and people around me of how wonderful my boyfriend is. To lots of women though, they want their dream of walking down the aisle in their beautiful white dress to come true sonner than it should. This is why lots of marriages end up in divorce. Many women want to jump the gun when the man isn't ready, and even when she isn't ready herself. You guys are what? 24? Even though you've been together for 5 years, that doesn't mean you HAVE to go out and get married. For instance, my parents were together for 11 years before they got married. My mom was 16 when she began dating my dad, and they got married when she was 27. I was born when my mom was 29 and my dad was 31.

See, there's no reason to rush. Maybe get a bigger house, better cars, better careers... something other than living on a month-to-month basis, if you know what I mean.

Seeing as how I'm a woman, here's what you could maybe explain to her.
Tell her you don't need a piece of paper to remind her of how much you love her.
Tell her that you want to wait until both of your lives are where you want them to be before you both jump the gun.
Tell her you want everything to be perfect so as to not ruin the marriage with obstacles down the line.
Tell her that you both don't need to be married to show that you're in love and want to be together for eternity.

Maybe you should take her out to a romantic dinner or night out in town. Do little things that make her happy. I love when my boyfriend sends me cute text messages out of the blue saying he loves me. I love when I wake up in the morning to a cute "I love you" note next to my head on the pillow. I love when he buys me chocolates for no other reason than the fact that ... I love chocolate, lol. I love when he randomly takes me out to dinner just to spend time with me away from the house. I love when he takes me down to the beach and we just sit on the jetty watching the waves crash in.

Now I might be a hopeless romantic, but it's the LITTLE things that drive a woman crazy. That is in the positive and negative sense. Doing cute little things will make her happy, but doing annoying little things will piss her WAY the hell off.

Just think about little things you can do to revive her faith in the relationship. Don't forget to explain to her why you think you guys shouldn't get married so soon, but be sure to explain it to her in a manner that makes it look like it's in HER best interest. If you make it out to be that just you don't want to, it pisses her off. Make it out to be that in the long run, it might be costly on her.

Good luck, hon. <3
Old 06-10-2005, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for some advise from the other side! Don't have time to really post now but I'll post more stuff later. No new developments though.

Thanks again everyone! You all Rock!