Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Disappearing For A While

Old 06-08-2005, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys!

Living together is exactly like being married and long ago I told her that and said why do we have to get married it's like we already are! Well that didn't fly with her.

Things haven't been worked out the right way in the past. Stuff has been said and done that no couple should say or do to each other imo.

I'm not sure what sacrifices are ahead or if I'll even be ready for them! If I put myself in the future and look back I cant tell if getting married would be the right decision

Some good stuff to think about though.

Thanks again!
Old 06-08-2005, 09:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

gl man
Old 06-08-2005, 09:33 PM

Good luck with your decision! Its mainly a title thing that women want so bad! Been married 5 years and still dont understand the big deal! All will work out for the best. Take car of yourself!
Old 06-08-2005, 09:37 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

hope everything works out alright.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

best time to think about stuff, atleast for me; working out.

more specifically, outside...jogging. i feel like im thinking so freely i could ace any test given to me. grab some tunes, and go ride a bike or jog or something. the most free-thinking ive ever experienced.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:54 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

good luck with everything!
Old 06-09-2005, 10:08 AM

QUOTE (draguntib @ Jun 9 2005, 03:33 AM)
Its mainly a title thing that women want so bad! Been married 5 years and still dont understand the big deal! All will work out for the best.

it all leads back to the saying that, men will give love for sex, and women will give sex for love. good luck man, best to you
Old 06-09-2005, 03:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

here's the way i see it. marriage is work, living together is what marriage is, being married is the annnoucement of living together.

you have two choices:

1. commit to your gf and marry her. apparently she wants that and spend the rest of your life with her.

2. break-up and do the same thing in a few years. your never going to find a woman that is going to agree with you 100% of the time and every couple will eventually get in a fight.

just opinion of a guy thats been married for almost a year wink1.gif (which also makes 3 years since we started dating)
Old 06-09-2005, 04:28 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

QUOTE (tibby01 @ Jun 8 2005, 11:56 PM)
best time to think about stuff, atleast for me; working out.

more specifically, outside...jogging. i feel like im thinking so freely i could ace any test given to me. grab some tunes, and go ride a bike or jog or something. the most free-thinking ive ever experienced.

Amen to that brotha. Going for a rollerblade or a bike ride is the most peaceful thing I do. Even taking the car out for a spin is medicine enough.

Seems like you have some issues to work out (who doesn't) take the time you need to take. Think about the decisions you have to make. Sometimes a break is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Take some time to yourself, as somebody mentioned, move in with your folks for a week or so, (that'll prolly help with decision making as nobody enjoys living with the 'rents) and do what you feel is necessary.

We've got your back. wink1.gif
Old 06-09-2005, 05:07 PM

Thanks again all!

We've been talking and she wants us to wait till the end of the month when we go on vaca to see if that helps us out. I don't know if it will or won't we'll have to see.

I don't know if I'm ready to commit now! This just isn't how I pictured feeling when it came time to commiting. I kind of thought when it came time to commit it would just come to you. You would just have the feeling that this is the right person and it is the right time.

I don't know if I'm ready to wed and I don't want to keep leading her on. She is too sweet for that. I think when I asked her to marry me she thought we would get married soon and I was ready for it. I thought I was making it more serious then dating but less serious then marriage.

We went through this before and I asked her if she could spend a week with a friend. She freaked and said if she leaves then it is for good. She left and decided she would come back wntill we got in a fight on the phone and she ended it. She packed her stuff 2 days later and was gone! Then she decided she wanted to come back and we worked stuff out and she came back a few weeks later.

Nothing has changed though.

I would totally go for a bike ride but my $1200 S&M was stolen. The Rside ss in the Tib is giving me probs. with the plastic bushing. So crusing is out of the ?. On the bright side my buddies tattoo shop should be opening within a week and he is going to call me to come up. That is always thereputic!

Any female opinions??

Peace