Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Digital Photography

Old 04-29-2008, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

dude that's awesome, I want to digiscope.

looks like i changed the album name or something, here's the photos in the first post.

and I just found my old Minolta from the 80s. (film camera), the kind with the HUGE flash add-on unit that used like 8 AA batteries, lol. This is gonna be awesome. Do places still develop film rolls? (no darkroom..)

Oh, does anyone have any cool fisheye photography? I need to see some cool stuff to motivate me to go buy a lense..
Old 04-29-2008, 05:14 PM

Hey Patreze ... as I scrolled down the page your night sky seems to rotate. fing02.gif

The first image has been reduced a lot to fit the page....done on a Fuji 9500
The second image was made on a Pentax Optio pocket camera....I should have reduced it more....sorry if you get bored waiting for it to load.
We have a local website where you can give things away that you no longer need to save just throwing things out. A guy asked for a 'proper' 35mm camera for his son at college and I gave him a bunch of stuff including a Yashica 35mm SLR including a 24mm lens....the shutter is still orgasmic to use...he was so taken by it.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:22 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

these are some I shot (or some shot of me) last semester..

Trotting Park, AZ. Google it.
I really didn't see the point in driving all the way out there until I actually got there..

(look closely, there's a person standing in the middle of the photo)

Kicks at the Canyon

This is an awesome place to skate in Phoenix, colors make the photo..
Old 04-29-2008, 06:26 PM

These are some truly amazing pictures fing02.gif. Too bad I am completely and utterly the opposite of photogenic. But that doesn't mean I cannot appreciate great pictures when I see them wink1.gif.

Alli, do you mind if I photoshop your tree picture? Just want to add a car to it tongue.gif.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:01 AM

Some beautiful long exposures there Patreezy.....I wish that road in the daylight shot was near here. cool.gif
...and yeah....wish I was geared up for digiscoping too, have some wonderful avian friends visiting the garden (I meant birds but being a Brit you might think I was saying the lawn was carpeted with babes...)
Old 05-01-2008, 08:49 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

splintercel, go for it! just let me see when your done! tongue.gif LOL fing02.gif
Old 05-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Picture of the Renaissance Hotel in St. Louis on our 1 yr anniversary. The rest are also from our trip to St. Louis.. I'll upload pics from our honeymoon when I get the laptop harddrive loaded onto my new desktop. Those pics are so much better.

I cropped this to center the flower, only the orange showing, and blew it up to 16x20 and put it on my wall. The quality is so amazing that you can see which pollen on the stamen has been pollinated. The original has such good quality at 3888 x 2592
Zoomed in and cropped: Attachment 469

It's so hard to get the Arch in a regular lens... took me about 50 pictures to get a few decent results
Old 08-19-2008, 09:22 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger