Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Daewoo in North America...not for a while

Old 11-05-2002, 03:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daewoo in North America...not for a while

Well guys...it seems as if the US/Canadian contingency will have to wait quite a while before they see even the rebadged Daewoos. Turns out that GM Daewoo is planning to strengthen their market shares in Europe and Korea before venturing back into the US. Click the link below for more details:

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?por...t_code=02276904

Sorry guys, but hey...at least you know that there will be cars in the enar future.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:04 AM

All I have to say is to hell with GM I will never buy a GM product as long as I live. If they want to screw over the American Daewoo owners they can kiss my *** .
Old 11-06-2002, 10:09 AM

Don't be so hasty my friend. GM has many and far reaching tentacles. Subaru, Suzuki, Isuzu, are all part of GM. Toyota has links to them but only by contractual agreement (Corollas rebadged as Chevy Prizms in US, Cavaliers rebadged as Toyota Cavaliers in Japan, Saturns were sold by Toyota dealers in Japan). Saab has long been a part of the GM fold. And the list goes on. And of course, Daewoo. So it could be difficult to really limit yourself like that. If you said you would never buy a Honda it would be less restrictive...only two marques are under the Honda banner anyway. But I understand your frustration. I would sooner buy any GM vehicle than a Honda though...
Old 11-06-2002, 02:45 PM

Hey don't for get about the Vibe/Matrix/Corolla, malibu,alero, grand am
Old 11-07-2002, 04:37 AM

I really mean it because the next car we buy will be a Dodge minivan and after that I am going to get a Mustang. If I bought a truck I would get a Dodge, so I will never buy from GM, ever.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:07 AM

It be a Honda befor a Daewoo for me!
My wife just smacked hers now the body shop will not even order parts till they get my money.
ya right!

sorry it should say a Honda before a G.M.!

[ November 08, 2002, 03:27 AM: Message edited by: DAWHAT ]
Old 11-07-2002, 07:10 AM

i rather get a 00 SI...

although i do like the SS camaro