Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Cross-Country with DTN

Old 06-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I say cracked hood! laugh.gif
Old 06-07-2009, 10:49 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Holy SH*T. This has been a bad trip. It's been all easy stuff to replace though.... Wheels, struts, o2 sensor...

QUOTE(187sks @ Jun 7 2009, 05:52 AM)
My bet is the driver's side front wheel bearing. tongue.gif

I doubt it, the construction zone curb didn't even knock my camber off alignment, but it hyper compressed my strut and dented the strut mount.

BTW... lost $400 gambling. LOL.. I was going to quit after $100 but I was with my dad and he kept giving me my "allowance" because he wasn't doing bad at black-jack.

However, i8aCobra can testify that I've got the video-poker skillz. I took 1 dollar turned it into 7. I took that, and turned it into 15 and then took that and turned it into 25. This was just between the time that I couldn't get into a deal because I had stepped away from the table to talk to text TibbyTib. The dealer wouldn't let me in a game until a new deal to keep people from card counting and tipping the odds in their favor and the video poker game was right behind me. I've been playing video poker since I was 18 in Montana. I obviously suck at blackjack.

I had my car paint sealed with the "lex" program that was part of my initial purchase of the car while I was in Vegas. I have no idea what Lex is, but it made my car super shiney. The Lex program was an extra $400 and I have to return every 6 months to get the work done by the dealership in Vegas. This is the 3rd and final time they did it for me and technically the Lex coverage was supposed to be up last month. So hey, at least something is going my way.

I didn't take any pictures in Vegas.

Utah was beautiful country with horrible roads.

I mean seriously. Look at this.... It's beautiful. There's nothing along I70 in Utah though. I went 100 miles without seeing anything and pulled into a gas station to refill 13.5 galons of gas. I almost ran out.

Colorado was just as beautiful. Colorful mountains, and great sceenery.

I'll be in Denver in a couple of hours.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:35 PM
DTN

I made it to Denver. The hotel GE has me staying in is pretty nice. The Republic of Georgia's Rugby team is staying here. I've never met a Georgian.

Tibbytib(from Denver) is in Las Vegas and got there 1/2 hours after I left so I guess I won't meet up with him this time. sad.gif Talk about bad timing.... I'ma get some rest.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

QUOTE(DTN @ Jun 7 2009, 09:49 AM)
However, i8aCobra can testify that I've got the video-poker skillz. I took 1 dollar turned it into 7. I took that, and turned it into 15 and then took that and turned it into 25. This was just between the time that I couldn't get into a deal because I had stepped away from the table to talk to text TibbyTib. The dealer wouldn't let me in a game until a new deal to keep people from card counting and tipping the odds in their favor and the video poker game was right behind me. I've been playing video poker since I was 18 in Montana. I obviously suck at blackjack.

Ha! Yep. I turned $5 into $18.75 with a single hand on the poker machine.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Sorry I didn't get to meet with you, but a bunch of crap came up. Maybe next time you're in town.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:24 AM
DTN

^^ Well, I may be back pending this interview in Denver, after I go to Montanan. Dunno yet.

So I woke up 60 miles from Denver. I started heading that way. It began snowing. I'm like, cool, snow in June...

It cleared up in the city of Denver to the point where it was just splatting on the windshield like ice bugs or something.

Then I get to the hotel and check in and it starts hailing. I pulled my car under the awning of the hotel to protect it from the penny-nickel sized hail.

The hail stops and I park my car. I then decide I need hair gel and go to Safeway. Some old guy runs into the wall of safeway, backs up and hits a tree, then forwards into a car. Then the manager runs out, yells at the guy to put the car in park and pulls him into the store while some bystander lady is screaming at the manger"I saw how you treated him, I'm a witness".

I get my hair gel and go back to the hotel. I decided the hotel bar would be the best place to be. So then the fire alarm goes off. I'm like cool, so I go outside and I realize that I'm the only one going outside. It was really weird. So I went back into the bar and sat out the fire alarm like everyone else did until the fire department showed up and turned it off.

I ordered some nachos and they were burned.

I think something is trying to tell me that Denver is not the place to be.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Haha, yeah I don't know about you but I would take that as a sign that Denver is not the place for you.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:23 PM
DTN

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that right after the hail there was a tornado about 10 miles away.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 PM

Vehicle: 2000 volkswagon Passat

QUOTE(DTN @ Jun 7 2009, 12:49 PM)
Holy SH*T. This has been a bad trip. It's been all easy stuff to replace though.... Wheels, struts, o2 sensor...
I doubt it, the construction zone curb didn't even knock my camber off alignment, but it hyper compressed my strut and dented the strut mount.

BTW... lost $400 gambling. LOL.. I was going to quit after $100 but I was with my dad and he kept giving me my "allowance" because he wasn't doing bad at black-jack.

I had my car paint sealed with the "lex" program that was part of my initial purchase of the car while I was in Vegas. I have no idea what Lex is, but it made my car super shiney. The Lex program was an extra $400 and I have to return every 6 months to get the work done by the dealership in Vegas. This is the 3rd and final time they did it for me and technically the Lex coverage was supposed to be up last month. So hey, at least something is going my way.

I didn't take any pictures in Vegas.

Utah was beautiful country with horrible roads.

I mean seriously. Look at this.... It's beautiful. There's nothing along I70 in Utah though. I went 100 miles without seeing anything and pulled into a gas station to refill 13.5 galons of gas. I almost ran out.

Colorado was just as beautiful. Colorful mountains, and great sceenery.

I'll be in Denver in a couple of hours.

Wow that is awesome scenery! I'm so jealous.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:56 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

Wow Snow, Hail, Tornado, And A Fire Alarm That No one Cared About but you. Thats all insane, your trip is sure having some interesting events sense u left MO/KS.
Oh and the Lex stuff I got that for my car too :-)