Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Cross-Country with DTN

Old 06-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

DTN, was great meeting you yesterday man.. glad you called me during your trek through ABQ. real bummer about the rims though. stockers FTW!!!!!! i had stockers on most of the time i had my car.

car looked fucking GREAT. engine bay, exterior, interioir, the LEDS i always bashed ya for laugh.gif laugh.gif

missy was like, hes really cool in person, how come your always fighting with him on RDT. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

and you have the same friggin camera as me, with the same pieces broken off.. haha

enjoy the rest of your voyage, and good luck with the job search. don't forget to try and contact tom when you get to denver.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Holy SH*T! Poor wheels sad.gif
Old 06-05-2009, 08:38 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

So here's an update... First off right after getting the new wheels and being that I was in Wichita Falls, home of NX distribution, I had to get a tank of Nitrous Oxide "from the source". This is the building which distributes NX products across the country. I was pretty displeased with what I saw. It was not that big and it was not really that impressive. They would not let me take pictures. They filled my Nitrous Oxide tank from an F Cylindar. This is a picture of NX distribution center in Wichita Falls, TX. This is the place that your order ships from when you place one.

I went to ABQ New Mexico and met up with SOCKS, a member of RDTiburon.com and owner of TurboSocks.com. He's a cool dude with an SRT-4 and a former Tiburon owner. Great guy in person. That's his girlfriend, 1swtTib ( i think) Everyone just calls her Missy. We met up at Sonic and talked cars for about an hour and then I had to hit the road again

I continued my voyage across the Hoover Dam, which has been under construction for at least 5 years now.

Enroute to Las Vegas, I picked up a rock from a Semi's tire. The sucker put a large crack in the windshield. So I called Safelite Autoglass and scheduled an appointment for about 30 minutes after my scheduled time of arrival in Las Vegas. Just as I was unloading the U-Haul, the safelite guy showed up.

You may be thinking that just because I'm unloading the Uhaul, the trip is over... It's far from over. I have to be in Denver on Monday for an interview with GE's Healthcare division, and I'm going to Montana and Salt Lake City as well. I just get to ditch the U-Haul because my dad lives here in Vegas and he is going to store some stuff for me such as my large collection of chemicals and what not that the movers would not put in non-temporary storage with the rest of my stuff.

Anyone here in Vegas? I'm trying to get ahold of TibbyTib. Anyone have contact info for him?
Old 06-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Wow, the bridge at Hoover dam is way closer to being finished than when I was there last summer. My friend works for the engineering company that designed that bypass.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Hit up Aaron (i8acobra). He lives in Vegas, and could show you around probably.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Missy's Featured Girl article
Old 06-05-2009, 10:38 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thanks for the info Visionz. I sent a PM with my number.

Btw... My car hit 100,000 miles.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:00 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

WoW Adam what a journey, and Vegas is fun, there are some sexy cars there that u can rent lol
Well I hope Monday goes well for u, keep in touch
Old 06-07-2009, 02:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

total list of SH*T that has gone wrong on DTN's car since he started this trek:

1.front O2 sensor stops working in between KC and Wamego, Ks. (Wamego is spelled with a "E" damnit laugh.gif )

2.pops rivets and scrapes the hell out of his gt tech lip while searching for a photoshoot area (1/2 my fault for taking him that way...the other 1/2 his for not paying attention)

3. while at Lake taking pics of car, driver's side rear hatch strut breaks which has hatch comes down and smack Adam in the head plus crunching his digicam. never fear, he has one of mine struts since mine is in the body shop.

4. ruins two wheels in Dallas due to shitty road construction.

5. new windshield compliments or "trucker joe" via chucking rocks.

um, Adam....

remind me to never take you with me gambling, i would be poor in a weekend,lmao.

and since you sent me that text message about how shitty I-70 is by Salina, UT. , hell...i could've told you that, roflz.

my next bet is sunroof goes flying off due to worn out seal, bets anyone?
Old 06-07-2009, 03:52 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

My bet is the driver's side front wheel bearing. tongue.gif