Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Cross-Country with DTN

Old 05-27-2009, 09:48 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

UrS0NvS: Not quite 6 out of 8. There's 2 CELs for the IAC and I'm sure that will lead to another one for High Idle. I think there is a problem with the ECU. Anyways.. I went out to your car on the way out and I took a picture, then my camera died. I have a video. Man your car is torn up! With all of the aftermarket parts you have in your living room I'm absoloutely sure that your car is going to be sweet when you get done with this paint job and offloading all the parts from your living room.

Picture of Lee's car (not the one that has the CELs)

Here's some pictures of the aftermarket parts and other stuff to be installed from UrS0NvS's living room.

Look at this... 2 Painted Dashboards and a KDM dashboard. How many people do you know who have ever had 3 dashboards in their living room?

Here's some pics of the kitchen I destroyed. This is not when it was real bad though. I had the counters full at one point.

I got my ATH spoiler back for all of that work! I should have never sold it to UrS0NvS in the first place. However it was alot of fun, and I'm glad I did.

UrS0NvS, you or Shorty should make this your avitar...

I drove across Oklahoma yesterday.

Today I'm in texas and I will be in Dallas by tonight. I had a Telephone interview with GE today and they like what I had to say, pending other telephone interviews I may have to go to Denver Colorado around June 8th.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

WOW DTN Looks like all is going well and I hope you find what your wanting soon
I agree, you are going to get the award for meeting the most Hyundai owners in different states
I also agree that DTN is awesome and everyone should meet him
Keep the pics comming I love them

Edit:
Btw DTN there are a lot of Tib owners in TX you should meet, One is Michelle and she is freakin awesome, there is also AJ and he works at the dealership in Dallas I believe, not 100% sure tho
Let me know if you want me too hook u up with them
Old 05-27-2009, 01:58 PM
DTN

I just got your message ET. I'll call you in a few minutes.

Dallas is bigger then I expected. The roads can be confusing without GPS. Some of the highways intersect four or five overpasses high!

Who knew they had a WTC here?

I got stung by a bee on the way into town LOL. I think it was a killer bee. I pulled over to let him out and jump around smacking myself like an idiot for a bit. lol. I looked around and saw a couple of cops on horseback.

So I got back in the car and drove to the gas station and ElectricTuscani called me. It was then that I found out that killer bee was still in my car and I dove out of the car like Vin Diesel with a tank of NAAAAAAAWZ while ET was on the phone.

I finally made it to my hotel and I'm going to do some research tonight and some visits tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:16 PM

HOLY SH*T I wish I was there to hang out, dont have to much fun without me
Old 05-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Dallas looks pretty cool.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:30 PM

Vehicle: 99/Hyundai/RD1

Someones begging for a compliment =) The pics look AMAZING! Hope your trip is fun DTN
Old 05-27-2009, 09:12 PM
DTN

No, not begging for a compliment. Just posting pictures that I've taken across the country.

I went to a bar in Missouri and had a conversation with a fellow. he gave me a card that would get me 20% off a hotel. With military discount that was around 50% discount. Woot.

So far Kansas(Wamigo and Manhattan) is the nicest place I've been. The people are cool there, like you can just walk up to most people and talk to them without worrying about getting stabbed or something. The the roads are awesome. I just wish things were closer together.

I've been to a few large cities and it seems that everyone makes very quick eye contact and does not want to talk to people for fear of getting scammed out of money or something like that. The more bigger cities I go to, the more I realize that UrS0NvS has it all figured out. Live 20 miles from a major city and you can always get what you need while maintaining the small city attitude.

Makes me want to just move back home to Missoula, Motana. It's a small town with a good economy and all the amenities that anyone would need. lol. I wish the jobs there paid more though.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:43 PM

SO DTN I hope you get hooked up with my Dallas family, they rock.
I really wish you could have stayed in Missouri longer and I could have showed you around to some places, 3 Hours just didnt get the job done. I do hope you enjoyed your time here tho
Well have fun in Dallas and good luck on the walk-in's, You know you got it going on and you have
the personality to rock their world.
Keep the updates commin, ttysoon
Old 05-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I almost moved to Missoula, Montana. I thought it was a great town. Since I didn't feel like building log cabins though I didn't see a lot of employment opportunities that would work for me.

Hate to say it, but pretty much everywhere along the west coast you'll find that most people won't look you in the eyes, and that most who will are looking for trouble. I look people in the eyes, but I don't think I'm looking for trouble. Others might disagree.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

want to add another thing about the area i live in...

when driving along the road, even a 4 -lane with a big median between the lanes...

it is courtesy to wave to the people you are passing , i mean every one of them. I have been pulled over by people that have turned around and asked me if i had a problem with them or i was a snob. blink.gif

small town stuff,lol.

DTN is going for the cash that you will find in a more populated area (which i don't blame him) but i prefer the places that you can leave your car unlocked at the gas station to go pay for your gas and you come back out not worried about not seeing your car.