Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Cool Name webpage....

Old 09-11-2001 | 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S
Default Cool Name webpage....

http://www.kabalarians.com/gkh/your.htm#links

Your first name of Random makes you a quick thinker, both philosophical and creative. You appreciate music, art, and drama and, if given training, could excel in those fields. Self-consciousness may prevent you from feeling at ease in positions of impromptu expression. Desiring to be free from detail and monotony, you find it difficult to finish what you start if it does not hold your interest. You enjoy reading and the beauties of nature, experiencing peace and relaxation in outdoor activities. A very individual, independent person, you live within your own thoughts. With acquaintances and strangers, you tend to be reticent and reserved. Your friends never know whether they will find you friendly and charming or lost in introspection. When unhappy or disappointed, you can be moody and temperamental, feeling misunderstood and unappreciated. You will go out of your way to help others, and find it difficult to say "no" and mean it. Others impose on your generosity at times.
Old 09-11-2001 | 05:34 PM

hey random i looked my name Erik up and it could not be more right man it blew my mind. seriously smile.gif
Old 09-12-2001 | 02:29 AM

Holy....wow....
Old 09-12-2001 | 02:43 AM

That is pretty cool, although I can't help but wonder if it's simply one of those placebo effect kinds of things...make a horoscope vague enough and enough people will be able to read and say, "wow! that is SO my day!" that you will give the illusion of credability.

I liked the warnings on those pages about the dangers associated with incorrectly choosing your child's name, and instructions to call them and consult with them before deciding upon a name. rolleyes.gif
Old 09-12-2001 | 03:57 AM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

Originally posted by Iago:
[QB]That is pretty cool, although I can't help but wonder if it's simply one of those placebo effect kinds of things...make a horoscope vague enough and enough people will be able to read and say, "wow! that is SO my day!" that you will give the illusion of credability.

True but it's still fun to look up your name anyway. Just like reading your horoscope it's all in good fun.
Old 09-12-2001 | 04:06 AM

That is pretty cool, although I can't help but wonder if it's simply one of those placebo effect kinds of things...make a horoscope vague enough and enough people will be able to read and say, "wow! that is SO my day!" that you will give the illusion of credability.

I was gonna say something about that...but I couldn't find the words to describe what I was thinking...but ya...that was it. LOL. Although on mine...it said that my name has some kind of hearing loss...which I do... That wasn't too vague...
Old 09-12-2001 | 04:10 AM

OH wow! That is so amazingly true! It pretty much freaked me out. LOL wink.gif That was really cool that they had my name because I can never find anything with my name ever! Pretty cool Random, thanks!!
Old 09-12-2001 | 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by Iago:

BINGO. It is just for fun. "Random" matched me better than my first name, or middle name.
Old 09-13-2001 | 03:15 AM

Heh. I looked up my name, and the nickname that I had, and they are just about diametrically opposite. One says I'm quick to do things, the other says that i procrastinate. One says I'm great at being diplomatic and dealing with people, and one says that I offend people by being argumentitive. One says that I have a tendancy towards physical activity, and the other says that I hate manual activities. One says that I am a leaser, but the other says that I cannot bring ideas to fruition without the assistance of others.

Of course one is a name my parents picked, and one is a name I picked for myself. Well, actually, since I use a shortened form of my name, I guess I picked both for myself. :-)

Just goes to show, you can't read too much into anything.