Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Cool cop story

Old 08-07-2001, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool cop story

Last Saturday I was heading my friends house where his wedding reception was to take place. It's kinda out in the middle of nowhere in a new subdivision. I was new to the area so I was going around 40mph. I passed a cop that was sitting on the side of the road (didn't see him because he was behind a parked van). He slowly pulled away..I didn't think anything of it. I turn a corner and he flies up behind me and nabs me.

I roll down my illegally tinted windows even though he saw them already. He comes up and asks me for my license and insurance. He said I was going 36 in a 25..which I was but I didn't see the speed limit. (One of those "25mph on city streets" signs was posted about 500ft in front of me when we stopped)

Anyhow I forgot my license at home in my madness to go setup my DJ gear at the reception. I just renewed my insurance so I didn't have the new card on me. ...AND my plates expired at the end of July. Then, I couldn't believe it! He said, "I'm gonna go write you a warning and try to get that stuff taken care of." Damn was I lucky. Then he comes back and says, "I'm not gonna even write you up at all just keep the speed down because we've had a number of complaints." He also said he loves the new Tiburons and asked about TeamSR...we bs'd for a good 5 mins. I'm not kidding!

So instead of ruining my day, it made the rest of day rock. The wedding reception was kick ass, everyone had a great time and I spent all day Sunday recovering tongue.gif FIN

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: skilspeed ]
Old 08-07-2001, 07:20 AM

that's real good. if it was me, i would still be in central lockdown trying to verify who i am.

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: SirTooli ]
Old 08-07-2001, 09:00 AM

*nod* no prob Tunez. I think all cops deserve respect even though some bust your balls more than others. They're all just trying to do their jobs.