Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Computer guys I need Help!

Old 10-23-2002 | 12:38 PM

Default Computer guys I need Help!

I'm not big of a computer guy but I just installed Windows XP and my Sound doesn't work and I can't install my printer. If you could help me out please do! I have asked a bunch of my friends if they know and they are just like me brain dead when it comes to computers! Please I need help : (

If this helps my sound card is an IBM MWave and my printer is a Lexmark 2050. I really like XP just if I could get over those 2 obsticles it would be great! Thanks!
Old 10-23-2002 | 01:46 PM
FAL

I'm not that much of a computer guy but i know a little

my guess is that you need XP drivers for your sound card and printer, i also installed XP but i run both XP and Me (Me for when i need to print because i'm too lazy to get the drivers) you can usually get them from the web site (i.e. Lexmark.com) they should have them there.

i hope that helped smile.gif , i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong tongue.gif
Old 10-23-2002 | 01:55 PM

FAL's right.
Drivers, drivers, drivers.

What is the error message when you say "you can't install your sound card and printer"

What's it telling ya?
Old 10-24-2002 | 06:38 AM

babyboyb:
What kind of Sound Card do you have? Thats odd that XP doesnt have pre-installed drivers for it. If ya can get me the models of the stuff maybe i could help ya find the drivers.
I've been trying to find drivers forever! I have a Lexmark model 2050 printer. And my sound card is an IBM MWave
Old 10-24-2002 | 07:01 AM
FAL

Ru-E:
I've been trying to find drivers forever!
I know how you feel i tried to get drivers for my burner but can't find it and i really want to get Me off my computer 'cause it runs slow as hell

well i'm glad I was right but sorry it didn't help as much as I wished.

Good luck finding a driver
Old 10-25-2002 | 06:35 AM

You can use Win2k drivers for WinXP. I've done this when I had XP-Pro in its early days. Remember to occasionally see if there are XP drivers for them though because running Win2k drivers should only be a temporary thing. Also, I have got some devices to run Win9x drivers such as old NIC's and such and they have worked, but looks like your problems could be better fixed if you try the Win2k drivers.