Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Cloverfield, What the hell?

Old 01-18-2008, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

For months now, I've waited to know what this movie was all about. Saw it tonight, and I still don't really know. Kind of a rip-off movie if you ask me. The theater wasn't even full, and I expected it to be sold out with all the hype.

Anybody have any idea what the monster is supposed to be? It has parasites that fall off of it and run around killing people...I got that much out of it...

This is supposedly going to become "The American Godzilla." We'll see about that. Hopefully the sequel will be better.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:32 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Dude, this movie blew AAAAASSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Clover-Witch Project. Seriously, the theater I went to was packed, and half the people left. I have a pretty strong stomach. I never get motion-sickness and this movie almost made me vomit. If you got queezy in the Blair-Witch Project, then you better take some Dramamine before you see this. The story line was far from interesting, and the monster was a joke.

All the suffering of watching this movie MAY have been worth it to see a striking pose of Godzilla in the background, not some shitty monster that looks like a rip off from the tripods of the recent Cruise film War of the Worlds. I give props for them TRYING to be original, but they tried WAY too hard.

Save your money, save your time, and save your lunch. Literally.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:40 PM

I liked it. But each to his own
Old 01-19-2008, 06:35 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

It was alright. I hated the blair witchish camera style and the middle was a little slow/dull/long but overall it was good. I think the monster should have been a different color or the shading should have been better because he wasn't very easy to fully make out. I think they should have switched back and forth from normal camera work to the blair witchish one and the movie would have been a lot better. The beginning was dragged out a little too much in the party, and they skimped on showing the monster and should have done more with him IMHO.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:15 PM

Eh, I'll skip it and go see I Am Legend again. That movie gave me nightmares. That never happens to me. I never get creeped out by movies.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:12 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

All new movies sick, but I like your review and thanks for the heads up. They dont make movies like they used to... I would name a ---- load but no ill just name the channel, TCM.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:27 PM

Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

a friend of mines dad is like one of the dudes that has something to do with it, not sure but he was in on the project and he said that its a giant bunny/rabit they did it to be random and crap. idk but thats what ive herd. he worked on it and told me that i should save my money and not see it
Old 01-19-2008, 11:59 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

I just saw it and it was GREAT.
It's a Giant Monster movie like godzilla or king kong, except instead of the epic storyline, it follows the little people caught in the middle of it. It's what it would be like if something like that really happened. You or me wouldn't know what the hell is going on, and neither do they.

The camera work was very well done. They kept it real, yo.
Personally, I thought it was awesome, and a thousand times better than Blair Witch, but I agree on one thing - if the camera style in Blair Witch made you sick, don't watch this one.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:47 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

While I don't quite think it was "great", I do think it was a pretty cool movie: something different. I reckon the dude that films most of it was really funny.

The girl I was with had to leave about 30 minutes in to go puke. I stayed as the hand-held didn't bother me. Told her to go & do some shopping, lol.

I was really disappointed with "I am legend" though. That movie sucked.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:01 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai F24S

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Jan 19 2008, 09:15 PM)
Eh, I'll skip it and go see I Am Legend again. That movie gave me nightmares. That never happens to me. I never get creeped out by movies.

I Am Legend?

That movie was one of the worst piles of crap I've ever wasted two hours on.