Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Car suggestions for my next car

Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I understand.

I was looking at cars for my pap and although the Genesis would be fantastic, in terms of value for price, I narrowed it down to the 525:

You can get them for around $10,000.

Probably around $12-15,000 for good mileage.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:52 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

buying a new car to improve business deals

Unless you are selling car products to people interested in cars, that is an awfully huge investment to make. People might vaguely notice your car for 5-10 seconds as you pull up, but it doesn't make -that- much of a difference. If you must, why not save yourself $10,000+ and get a grand am or 318i. Non-car people will have trouble discerning between those cars and an M3 tbh.

it just seems like a buttload of money to spend for such a tiny gain
Old 09-22-2011, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

in the business world, you are judged on everything from your hair to your smile to the car you drive. if the people that are supposed to promote him see his car, they won't take him seriously. in this country you are valued based on your assets. appearance is everything.

i used to wonder why so many commuters in D.C. drive boring ugly cars, and incredibly expensive ones but live in a small 3 room apt. turns out, it's all about image.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I'm not going out and buying a car for this, rather next time I need a car I'm going to spend about what I planned on spending just on a nicer used car instead of a lower end new car. It might be a year or more before I even start car shopping.

I will have to deal with rain and cold, but I will have a winter beater for if snow or heavy ice makes driving dangerous.

I was checking out the EVO X. As a bonus the wife loves them. By the time I go shopping I should be able to get one for $20k pretty easily.

Call me crazy but I don't care for FD RX-7's. I thought I did until I went and looked at some. Their styling looks outdated to me. I prefer the FC, but I don't think that is in line with my goals. Maybe if I build a different race car.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

M3. Do it.

I saw a slightly modified M3 for sale, but it was $30k and had 70k miles on it.

I'd also consider a C5 or C6 vette, but maintenance will be higher and not exactly the best DD if all your other toys are track cars.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I am definitely interested in the M3. I like Vettes, but I just can't see owning one. I just don't really want to.

I think at this point the two front runners are the e46 M3 and an Evo, not sure if VIII, IX, or X. The next runner up would probably be an S4.