Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Car Clubs Against Street Racing

Old 12-11-2008, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a site that is anti street racing I thought that some of the people here could appreciate a new community that has been set up by a fellow car enthusiast to help combat street racing and promote keeping it at the track. The site I am referring to is www.ccasr.org. Feel free to check it out and join up on the forums, all input and ideas are very much appreciated. Just so everyone knows, this is a site that is open to all makes and models, so far there are Scions, Saturns, Dodges, Fords, Chevy's, so it would be great to get some Hyundai representaion. I am in no way connected to the creation of this site, i am simply helping to spread the word. I think this site is a step in the right direction and will also help to unite all different types of enthusiasts who feel the same way about street racing.
I'm 20gt00 over there so say hi if you make it over.

Adam

This is a message from the founder posted on the site

I am very excited to announce a new organization that can make a big difference to car clubs across the country. Car Clubs Against Street Racing ("CCASR") is being launched in an effort to unify car clubs of all makes and models to take a stand against street racing. I have personally lost a friend to a street racing accident many years ago, and every day it seems we read another story of an accident, injury and death. Since the BMC is a leader in the car club community, I wanted to step out and do something to raise awareness about street racing, give clubs a way to help promote safe racing at tracks and encourage all drivers to be safe on the streets to protect themselves and their prized vehicles.

Web site: http://ccasr.org
Email: ccasr.org @ gmail . com

Please feel free to join the CCASR forums (it's free) and get involved however you can! We will be promoting the CCASR to all car clubs, for all makes and models, so spread the word to your local car club, to other forums, and anywhere.

With the help of all the CCASR members we are developing a list of all the racing events (drag and road) going on across the country, all the tracks and of course all the car clubs who support the CCASR. All car clubs who register on the CCASR site, will be using this Supporting Car Club logo on their site to show they are taking a stand against street racing.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I'd be for RDT joining a site like that if it's legit, but this isn't exactly a "club"