Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Canada

Old 08-22-2007 | 06:20 PM

On the 400 series highways, the speed limit is almost always 100 km/h but you are safe driving 120, probly even 130. Anything higher and you'll probly get a ticket, but the biggest thing is weaving in lanes. I've been passed by cops when I was doing 140 in the middle lane, adn they didnt even look twice at me. But one daqy I was late, and doing 120, but weaving all through traffic, I got pulled over and given a "harsh" warning.

In quebec, french would deffinitely help, but most things are in english as well, and most services will know both languages, or enough english to get by. Don't be afraid to say "big mac" "fill it up" "washroom" etc, they will know what you're talking about.

Montreal is a big tourist/party town, deffinitely hit it up. Ottawa has alot of land marks, and political stuff. Quebec city is very scenic.

As far as neons go, red blue and green are illegal, so is every other color according to some cops, but they hardly give out tickets for any color other than red. Usually they just ask if you can turn them off. Also just the fact that youre from out of contry kinda puts a target on you as well. Deffinitely dont bring any weapons with you lol
Old 08-22-2007 | 06:46 PM

Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon

if your going in november good luck in newfoundland, out in newfoundland in the middle of the summer its only 12 degrees celcius on a hot day. and last winter on the sides of the roads in some areas there were walls of snow that were over 12 feet tall in early january.

and in quebec, if you dont speak good french your gonna get nothing but rude people, in quebec no right on a red. and in montreal the roads are terrible. quebec city the roads are decent. and if i were you i would go to the cabot trail in nova scotia instead of newfoundland. i hate newfoundland with a pasion.

and im down for a meet in toronto when your here, if your here for importfest we should all go in a huge RDtiburon representation and the toronto convention center.
Old 08-22-2007 | 07:09 PM

Actually radar detectors are ok in Saskatchewan. Anyhow, Newfoundland is a party place, Montreal rocks! My companies head office is in montreal and its great, stripper capital of Canada. Anyhow definitly hit the maritimes Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick instead of Newfoundland. More to see and do. Your timing for travelling is kinda bad cause both Quebec and Newfoundland acan get snow in late October. If you decide to hit New Brunswick then PM and i can tell you all the places to go..(grew up there).. and lots of places to have a good time..
Old 08-22-2007 | 07:12 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You dont really realize how many canadians (or folks living in canadialand) are on here until you see every body come out of the woodwork and post in a canada thread haha.

oh and KR & Crash play nice.
Old 08-22-2007 | 07:13 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I'll be showing my car there this year, yet again.

Make sure you check out the requirements before entering fing02.gif
Old 08-22-2007 | 10:33 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Sorry for the Canadian comment.

Thanks everyone for the reply. I better go to Canada or I'll be pissed; it all depends on my school schedule. Usually I request that my teacher assigns me homework a week ahead and I cram for like 4 days. If there's a test in that week that I have to travel, then I'm screwed. The College teachers don't allow students to take tests ahead or before a class.
Meeting with you guys would be great, but that is possible too. I have to travel with a friend to Toronto, tour Toronto, Drive to Quebec City, stay there for a while, go to New Found land and come back all in a week. So I'm busting some ass.
Old 08-23-2007 | 03:08 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Windsor roads are the same as detroit, some new and smooth and some with huge ass potholes.
Old 08-23-2007 | 04:41 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Radar detectors are legal in Alberta too, but that's off-topic.
Enjoy the trip! smile.gif Just don't insult our beer... *remembers the movie Canadian Bacon*
Old 08-23-2007 | 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Sonata Turbo

well i live in quebec city smile.gif

for the Québec road are knowed to be pretty bad smile.gif

for the speed limit they say 100 on highway but 119 you get by everything and a that speed you see alot of poeple passing you smile.gif

and the red light right turn well for now you can in Quebec.... but you can't at some place they really like stupide complicated laws over here.... so in québec city you can everywhere as long as there are no street sign... in montreal you can't as long as your on the island

like some poeple said quebec city is a wonderfull city you gotta see it "the old city" night club are pretty nice over here smile.gif and montreal smile.gif

next years québec city will celebrate is 400years of exsitance wich make us one of the oldest city in america smile.gif

you can really easly get by with english over here québec is really really touristic mostly again the older part of the city(le vieux québec) like we say here....

if you wish to know some place you should go eat or do stuff please ask and i'll try to give you some idea smile.gif

november the snow will start to apear btw smile.gif sorry dude might start in december like last here if your lucky wink1.gif

well when you be around quebec let my know smile.gif
Old 08-23-2007 | 09:23 PM

That movie's BRILLIANT! I love it, it's one of my faves. Funniest thign about it, is a lot of the actors are Canadian (John Candy, Dan Akroyd) and it was directed by Michael Moore.

Canadian beer isn't too bad, Molson Canadian is the same thing as Budweiser or Coors pretty much. I prefer local NY beer which I cant get up here, and Polish beer but I'll drink Canadian when I'm feeling cheap.