Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Cali passes law to teach gay history in school

Old 07-08-2011 | 02:18 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Meh, the statistics on percentage of people who are gay will never be correct. A lot of gay people are taught that being gay is wrong, so they try *REALLY* hard not to be gay because they're told it's a decision. So, when asked, they say they're straight. But guess what? They're not. They're gay and living a lie.

In Seattle, the closest major city to me 12.9% of people identify themselves as being gay. I have a few gay friends and if you include bisexuals in that it is probably around a third of my friends, or close to it.

3% is bullshit though. I don't know the real number, but 3% is complete BS.
Old 07-08-2011 | 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Take Seattle and San Franfreako and average them out with BFE, Montana and middlofnowhere, Utah, and you gotta remember those zero-point-nothings weigh down the total number pretty heavily.
Old 07-08-2011 | 09:31 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Guess what? Those "zero-point-nothings" are the result of the previously mentioned gay people living a lie. Geography doesn't determine your sexual preferences, but it sure as hell influences your willingness to be honest about it.
Old 07-08-2011 | 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Protesting too much?

Some places have a higher % of some types of people than others. Fruits & nuts go where the weather is nice, illegals are thicker near the border, people that mispronounce "car" as "cah" are in the northeast, etc.