Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Bye For Now Guys :)

Old 08-03-2007 | 02:21 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ ??
Old 08-04-2007 | 08:06 PM

I don't know this is a little scary just for someone to say there going to pick up and leave..Well i guess everyone has problems...Good luck
Old 08-07-2007 | 08:12 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Hello everyone smile.gif

I'm here.. I can't divulge exactly and with precision where here is because I sorta left someone in the shit back in NJ (dont worry, I dont do things like that for no reason, but I dont want to go into the reasons because that person could be watching..)

Anyways the last time I posted here I was about to go sleep on Art's couch. That was the night before I left and I had a Tib loaded to the roof with my crap, kinda like the vagabond gypsy.

Thankfully where I headed off to (600 miles dude west of NJ) turned out to be amazing. I drove through DE, MD, VA and then into the apalachians. The tib had some problems climbing to the point of 3000 FT elevation (mainly because I had me and about 1500 lbs of shit in it) but it performed amazingly and got me here safely. This place is now my new home and I will be pming those 'around' me and arranging a few meetings over the coming months. But please, do not post publically where I am because there are people who cannot know that. I did this to get away from my past, to get away from the heartbreaking pain of still being in love with someone who didnt want me anymore. To get away from a shit dead end job in an expensive state. I did everything I could to last it out there but in the end something had to give, Im not indestructable and I am but a human. I know I made the right choices now smile.gif

Im in the mountains, miles from civilisation. There are alot of lakes here, and everything is REALLY cheap. Dang, they even have beer and guns at walmart lmao.

I phoned Geico, my insurance with a 15mph broke speed limit ticket is $68 a month here on my own policy. In NJ it was $65 with no tickets on my ex wifes policy. I tried in vain once to detatch myself from her policy and with no tickets they wanted $180 state mininum. I just could not afford to stay on in NJ after my ex wife showed me I had wasted 6 years sitting around working on my marriage. I sacrificed alot into the marriage, me especially. Back in the UK I was a very well paid computer tech based out of london. I dropped that to live on a farm and allowed my wife to follow the course of her life, through college and then into a well paying job. The opportunities for me to be the main breadwinner where she lived was very slim, so she had accepted that if I gave up queen and country it was highly likely she would be alot more successful than me here. For the past few years I bounced around crap jobs having my faith that the sacrifice was worth it. She had just got herself to the $45k salary point and she decided to go for even more, leaving me.

Oh well. Im where I should be now, and so is the Tib smile.gif

Im still not permanently around and I have to be careful what i say in 'public' but I wanted to let you guys know Im alive and I am thinking of you all very fondly smile.gif The cable co comes out on thursday to hook me up with hi speed and so on, but I have alot to take care of over the coming weeks. This will be harder before it becomes easier but this is the last throw of the dice here in the states. Next stop Littlehampton UK.

Ive taken alot of what the world has to throw at me (even alot of pain and anguish from a member of this place.. long story) and always fought on for a better future. This time I have the opportunity to make that future and noone from my past nightmare will walk into my dreams again..

I wanted to take the time to thank Art (Mad Machine) for being the most amazing friend I have ever known. I have only known the guy for less than a year but he's truly an amazing person, with a heart made of gold.

Bud, I'll see you in October ! And wait til you see the size of the f***ing catfish here dude, youre gonna need a beefier rod haha.gif Other day I watched a 31 and 19lb come out EEK ! Ive already gone and got me one of them rods you cant even bend and we're off to the lake tomorrow smile.gif

Love and best wishes from my mountain hideaway

Pandy

xxxxxxx See you all soon smile.gif
Old 08-07-2007 | 09:06 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

hell yea man, glad to hear you still givin it a fightin chance here in the states. if your where i think you are i hope you hit me up man, its a long winter with lots of work to do. hope we can catch a beer and turn some wrenches. cool.gif