Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Bridges Threatened......

Old 11-02-2001, 05:44 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Bridges Threatened......

Just curious as to what everyone thinks about the issue of Terrorists threatening to bomb large bridges around the country during rush hour traffic? Do you think they'll actually follow through with it, or do you think it's mor or less a threat? Supposedly something is supposed to happen between today and next Wensday.

No matter what happens...everyone be safe out there! wink.gif
Old 11-02-2001, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where did you hear about this? i'm not trying to be funny but i had premonition about that when i was driving in rush out traffic the other day. i mean if they bomb a major bridge, it would be abosolutely horrible. people fish under alot of large brigdes so it would be hard to know what someone was really doing. i hate to imagine it. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Old 11-02-2001, 06:26 AM

Geez.. Where the hell have you been? smile.gif smile.gif Turn on ANY news channel.. I guarantee within 10 minutes you will be up to speed.. smile.gif
Old 11-02-2001, 08:07 AM

issue of Terrorists threatening to bomb large bridges around the country during rush hour traffic? Do you think they'll actually follow through with it, or do you think it's mor or less a threat?

Who wouldv'e thought someone would fly 2 Jets through some skyscrapers? Never underestimate someone with martyrdom in their eyes.

I don't want to say I don't believe it, but *shrug* who knows, it could be like bomb-scares at high school (we had them every other day). Everyone is afraid of anthrax too, but it's only been found in only a handful of isolated incidents, including the most recent incident the next town over from me. Terror tactics involve exactly what it says, "terror". It only takes one whisper to create a rumor, and one rumor to scare the masses.

my 2 cents. Hopefully nothing will happen. I have too many friends, including TeamSR members, in that area (california bridge threats). I just say, be careful, and expect anything.
Old 11-02-2001, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

They also said something would happen by yesterday (friday). I'm telling you, these aren't terrorists anymore, they are harmists. We are America, not some 3rd world counrty, we'll defeat these goons.