Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Breaking up sucks

Old 09-16-2009, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

We owe more then the house is worth so I will just let it go if it comes down to it. i don't think she will go for child support as I will want joint custudy and she most likely will go for it. I don't want any materail reminders of her if this is truly over. I will move in with my mom when and if the time comes and have all my debt paid off in a couple months. From there I will save money to furnish a new pad with all new things for a new life. I can't read her right now but she is very concerned what I have told my family about are current situation. Her words were have you ruined that for us. Erins mom is very adiment that things will get better with time space. Guess thats all I have left is that. There is still hope so we will see how it goes.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

QUOTE (187sks @ Sep 15 2009, 11:07 PM)
My advice is to not give her everything. That's a typical thing for a man to do and I understand why a lot of guys do it, but she doesn't deserve any more than half of everything. Sell the house and split the profit 50/50. The odds are pretty good that if she gets the house she'll just lose it anyways and then nobody will have anything to show for what you spent years of your life building up. At least if it gets sold you can take your half and put it into the bank and pay the child support you'll be ordered to pay out of that money and cover the fun things you want to do with your daughter.

x2
Old 09-19-2009, 11:32 PM

Well I got the answers I have been looking for as far as holding onto hope or moving on and it's time to move on. Found out the bitch has been seeing someone else, always trust your instincts guys and don't let them tell you that your paranoid. I got the news from Erin's sister tonight who is ironically closer to me then she is Erin. No one if her family respects her right now and they all have my back on this, god I'm loving that fact. It is hard to explain but i am very relieved to know the truth now and I can move on rather then waiting for some hope. I can never go back now that I know cause i aint putting up with that bullshit. I suspected for weeks now and have lost a ton of sleep these last 2 week, having fucking gay dreams of everything being alright then waking up between the hours of 2-4 in the morning just tossing and turning until its time to get up. I am gunna sleep good tonight now that i know the truth that I had been seeking. Also I am still staying away from the weed factor, feels good to be sober after 16 years of being in a cloud. Plan is to move into my moms and have all my debt paid off on months. Get some new rims for my car and attend to other much needed issues that have been neglected. Then get a new place for me an my daughter. I am sure of a 50 50 split with Alyssa as I want her to be close to her mom but she is fuming pissed at her right now. Me, well im not mad, just glad that i don't have to sit here and wonder anymore and i can now make plans to move on. The only thing that bothers me in the future as i look at it is the fact that when I get together with that special someone I hope they will understand the bond that i will have with my ex's family. I have 2 best friends from the years there, nieces, nephews and a whole lot more then I care to go into now. I am sure it will be weird for that special someone in my future but i will deal with that when i get there. There is just about no way either one of us can keep the house on are own unless she moves someone in, I would rather do a short sale and be done with it. Time to make a list of splitin up the household items.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I'm sorry to hear that, but glad you're relieved at least.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:35 AM

Well got a storage unit today and moved out some of my stuff. will get some more out tomorrow and then we need to split the rest of the items. I brought up the fact that there is an outstanding bill from home depot for $1300,a chase card with a balance of 1700 and currently about a grand due in the monthly bills. She refuses to give me any money at this point to help pay of the debt we accumilated together, what a bitch. It's all in my name so she is gunns stick it to me. On the bright side th new Wax Tailor album droped today so I need to go pick that bad boy up.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Administrator

All debt from while you're married is both of your responsibility legally. If you can't pay it all it'll screw up your credit obviously, but hers also even though it's not in her name.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:13 PM

we wern't married, should have been.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Administrator

It varies by state, but in most states if you've lived together for over a certain amount of time you have a common law marriage.