Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Bored At Work? Take Surveys!

Old 04-16-2008, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Relax yo, I've got no problem with the idea. tongue.gif Just sayin it's not worth it to me personally, commenting on your topic.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:17 PM

I tried surveys with greenfieldonline, never got my few bucks lol. I know this is kinda OT, but is there any other ways to make cash like this?
Old 04-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

QUOTE (Se7eN (mb499) @ Apr 17 2008, 01:17 PM)
I know this is kinda OT, but is there any other ways to make cash like this?

Cash like what? Taking surveys? Yeah, I've posted them in the first post. SurveySavvy pays out cash, and IPSOS i-say JUST started a new program that you can redeem gift cards (just as good as cash) for HUNDREDS of businesses and restaurants. I can't find where they've started the new program yet, it was just annonced April 1, but Ipsos has historically sent me 4-5 e-mails a week with survey offers. I got so many but never received any benefit from them. They're one of the more reputable companies from what I understand. I can't wait for their program to get kick started.

OpinionPlace also pays out cash via Paypal, but I have not had personal experience. I posted a link to those who have given feedback on their Paypal program. I've redeem thousands of airline miles through OpinionPlace, so I see no reason they wouldn't pay out cash. Besides Paypal, their rewards are with AOL and American Airlines. The downside of OpinionPlace is you can only take one survey every 14 days. Ipsos i-Say surveys (in the past) have guaranteed to stay open for at least 10-days, so you didn't have to rush to take the surveys, and they didn't close after they got the response they wanted. So I could save up a week's worth of e-mails with survey offers and take them all on Sunday night when I get bored.

Are you asking if there's a way to earn money other than taking surveys? If there is, I haven't found it yet. Unless it's through a webmaster position.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

QUOTE (majikTib @ Apr 16 2008, 01:12 AM)
SurveySavvy - This site actually pays. The catch? You don't get many surveys!! I've probably attempted 20 surveys over the past year. They don't come often at all. Of those 20 surveys I only qualified for maybe 6 of them. Most are only $1 or $2, but I've seen $15 surveys (of course I didn't qualify). Those dollar values are real USD. If you take a $15 survey, you get $15. You can request a check after you earn $10.
Extra benefits: It's a pyramid program. Your referrals earn you money for every survey they take (i.e., they take a $4 survey, they earn $4 and you earn $2). Your referrals referral also earns you money (in the previous example, you get $1). So, in essence, you get paid for other people taking surveys. I hadn't verified it until now, but I received a check in the mail this week! Only $10, but hey, I didn't do much to earn it. And if you have access to multiple forums, you can get referrals from there. Build your referrals and earn cash. I've attached a scanned image of the check below for proof. If you decide to sign up, please use my referral link, it won't cost you anything: https://www.surveysavvy.com?id=2896170&action=join

so lets make it worth our while and get a group together, and pool the cash... so if someone takes a survey its worth 6 bucks....im sure there are ways people have tried it so feel free to comment on why this has already been tried and didn't work. Just a though though!
Old 04-18-2008, 05:24 PM

Majic: Yeah, I've read all the posts here. I signed up for opinionplace, and they said there was no surveys available at the moment 02.gif
I mean like something other than surveys. Like creating a business on eBay or whatever.

The gift card thing sounds cool, I would definitely do that.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Administrator

I think with OpinionPlace, if there are no surveys available, you can retry after 3 days. Make sure you fill out a profile about yourself so they can target you for surveys you qualify for.

OpinionPlace will not e-mail you about surveys, you just have to check their website.
SurveySavvy, E-Rewards, and Ipsos I-Say will send you e-mails when surveys become available.

Here's an e-mail I received today from SurveySavvy telling me I had a survey available. I took it, and it was asking my background and familiarity with computers and reason I would or would not prefer Apple/Microsoft over the other. Took me 8 minutes to complete, earned $2:
Based on your personalized member portrait, SurveySavvy.com invites you to share your opinions in an important new study.

If you qualify and complete this survey, your SurveySavvy.com account will be credited $2 within four to six weeks. As always, we will keep your responses in the strictest confidence, and they will be used for research purposes only.

Estimated length of survey: 20 minutes
Incentive: $2

Follow the link below to get started.
https://www.surveysavvy.com/?id=2896170&action=join

Savvy Tip:
Your SurveySavvy.com member portrait is the perfect picture of you. We combine your registration information with the details you provide in the short portrait surveys to create your personalized member portrait. By completing the portrait surveys, you can help SurveySavvy.com select you for more paid survey opportunities that match your portrait. You can complete portrait surveys at anytime, so why not start now?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:08 PM

I just did my first survey at opinionplace, for $2.25 into my paypal. Not bad, only took a few mins while I'm waiting for gf to get here. It did say it would take 3-4 weeks for it to get into my paypal though 02.gif Guess I'll see what happens.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Administrator

I take surveys 2 or 3 times a month with OpinionPlace for AAdvantage miles, and very rarely don't qualify. I've tried Paypal the last 3 times and haven't qualified. I'm guessing they're less popular, either that or it's just a slow time for surveys?

Please post when the funds are deposited, I'm interested to see how quickly you receive them. From what I've seen, it's generally 7-10 days.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:08 PM

^ Will do.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Administrator

I just took my first OpinionPlace survey for Paypal cash. It estimated 35 minutes for $5, but it took 22 minutes. Still earned $5. We'll see when it deposits into my account.

it was asking about which channels I watch, and was geared towards whether or not I subscribe to premium channels (I don't) and reasons why. Wasn't too bad