Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Betta Anyone?

Old 06-09-2005, 12:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Like I said, they are a group of fish. You can't just say "it" looks like........

That's like saying all reptiles look like........
Old 06-09-2005, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I have a 350 gallon outside fish pond. My goldfish are sooo awesome... I have like 30. A few of them are around 13 years old now... some pretty old fish.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:11 PM

We bought these little feeder goldfish at Wal*Mart about 9 years ago for a small fishtank in our living room, and they just kept getting bigger and bigger. We kept getting bigger fishtanks and they kept growing. Finally, they got so big we had to just get rid of them. My little sister's friend has a cute koi pond in his backyard, so we asked his parents if they'd like more fish. They're now like over a foot long. SMALL little 10 cent feeder fish from Wal*Mart turned into friggin' kois, lol.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

NEVER go by what Walmart says. Their employees don't know a thing, and even their info tags are incorrect. For instance, in every store, they label the Red Belly Pacu as a moderate tempered fish that only grows to 10". Well, as you can see in my pics, they grow much large. Mine is 22" and I feed him other fish, so he's not exactly a well mannered fish.

This becomes a problem because people keep these fish, then they outgrow their home, so the owner throws them in a nearby pond/lake/river, destroying it.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:56 AM

Lol, we didn't talk to anyone that worked there. We just got a small tank for a decorative kind of thing in our living room.

I know enough about fish. I don't need to ask some random person in a Pet shop. I'm even in school for Veterinary Technology, so that solves my problems, lol.