Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Bbq Grill.

Old 04-17-2006 | 08:18 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (tibbytib @ Apr 17 2006, 01:51 AM)
Just remember, it's the cook that makes the BBQ'er, not the BBQ'er that makes the cook! cool.gif

Word. And ya'll know I can heat some meat. LOL

QUOTE (tiburonmoo @ Apr 17 2006, 02:10 AM)
That's the one I got. Except at the BX it was $250. I guess bringing it down from $399 to $299 at Target isn't too bad either. We really like it.

Looking now.

QUOTE (JonGTR @ Apr 17 2006, 05:57 AM)
I saw "GAS" and stopped reading this post.
Fire box >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gas

Fire box?

If you mean Charcoal, they are good, but I hate having to wait for them to heat up, not to mention they are a PITA to keep clean. With the fire danger here in the summers, there are times we can't use them anyways.
Old 04-17-2006 | 01:47 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

A pit with a fire box requires almost zero cleaning.

My firebox grill: This only cost me $130. With a fire on the side, the grease from the meat falls down and collects into a can that you throw away. You can also use Mesquite, and if you don't think that helps the flavor.......... twak.gif
A fire box is ................. a box, on the side of the main cooking section that houses your WOOD (Mesquite) fire. It completely closes up and is far from the meat you're cooking, so it cooks EVENLY and there's no chance for it to catch fire to your grass or................wait, do you even have plants where you live in the desert?

Stupid Gas grills: Much more expensive and not worth the money. The burners are directly under the meat. Almost always waaaaaay too close to the grating, so it cooks unevenly. The grease from the meat falls on the burner causing grease fires!!! The grease also gets in every nook and cranny of the burners = Impossible to clean.

I know all this because I had to use my parents gas grill yesterday and the food sucked afterwards and caused a grease fire on the bottom. I've never had these problems with my pit. And it only cost me $130.
Old 04-17-2006 | 04:58 PM

Sounds like you are talking about a smoker. Again, it's time consuming.

Yes< there is vegetation out here< tumbleweeds to trees and homes, they all tend to burn.

Show me more of this firebox though. If it's something I can get, cook with, and cleans easy, AND I can put my beer on it somewhere, then I'm good.
Old 04-17-2006 | 08:48 PM

It's a Char Broil from Walmart. Has a shelf and wood tray on the bottom. Easily holds a 20lb brisket, or 12 1lb burgers. Pretty large. fing02.gif

Similar to this, but only has 1 large door instead of 2. http://www.charbroil.com/consumerwebhome/d...doorsmoker.aspx
Old 04-17-2006 | 08:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i just want to add somethin real quick

gas grills = teh ghey

lol
Old 04-17-2006 | 11:18 PM

^^^
You didn't seem to mind the one I gave you.

LOL

f***er.

Jon, yup, that's a smoker, don't know why you call it a firebox. LOL

I dunno, Imight look at them, but like I said, I don't want to have to wait, and yes, you have to clean up the ashes and shit all the time out of those. Not to mention "CODE RED DO NOT BURN" orders.
Old 04-18-2006 | 08:04 AM

Read the description. It calls it a firebox. That's the burner type. Gas is one type, firebox is another. You could also have a charcoal grill WITHOUT a firebox. The coal goes below the grate just like a gas grill. It sucks like that.

I cooked 4 times with my grill before I had to empty the ashes. And you know where they went? Right there in the yard below the grill. I dumped it in the grass and watered it down. Provides great nutrients for my green, flourishing grass. lmao.gif

You're thinking up more problems than there really is. Which is why I'm here as a BBQ'er who has used both and will never own a gas grill.
Old 04-18-2006 | 01:09 PM

Yeah, it says firebox in the description of part of the whole thing, but the item is called...

I may look at some of those, looks pretty plain though.

I'm not thinking up any problems, those are just facts. it's a red flag warning in the area today, no wood fires or fires that could let out a spark or anything else besides smoke.

That's not thought up, it's fact bro.