Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Bad News....

Old 03-29-2003, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

spiffy, sorry to see about your ride. i have totalled 2 tibs (neither my fault) and both times the damage looked less than that. i would be surprised if they could fix it. regardless, it sucks to see another crippled tib... frown
Old 03-30-2003, 02:43 AM

NOTE TO ALL:

* * DO NOT BUY THE CUDA KIT. IT CONTAINS A VERY NASTY CURSE WITH IT * *

Sorry man. Looks better than my "run-in" with my accident and almost the same accident profile as well...time to rebuilt or select another project?
Old 03-30-2003, 04:34 AM

OMG!!! I feel for you, I hit someone in the back before, and it hurts to see your car in a bad situation, but after you get her back, you will treat her even better than you did before. Good luck man. If they say it is totalled, even though it doesn't look like it, get a 03 tibby, and do it up even better. eek!
Old 04-09-2003, 10:47 AM

This just gets worse and worse.. Insurance company says, according to the police report that the accident is 100% my fault... WTF?1?!?!?! what_the

Anyways, follow this link for a little more info and maybe help me out:
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/cgi-bin/...c&f=15&t=000669
Old 04-16-2003, 11:33 AM

Update:

I got the police report. They found me 100% fault for violating VC 22107.

VC 22107. No person shall turn a vehicle from a direct course or move right or left upon a roadway until such movement can be made with reasonable safety and then only after the giving of an appropriate signal in the manner provided in this chapter in the event any other vehicle may be affected by the movement.

Soooo. Because I swerved to AVOID hitting him, I AM AT FAULT. WTF is that non-sense?! I'm sorry, 2 seconds before hitting him, I should have turned on my right turn blinker.

Actually, alot of things were screwed up about the police report itself. The story the police officer wrote said that the guy was sitting in the #2 lane, and I swerved to hit him. When in fact he was across the #1 and #2 lanes. If he was in the #2 lane, I wouldn't have had to change course... DUH!!

So anyways, I've given the Traffic Detective my 7 page document on what happened in the accident and what I found wrong with the police report. We'll see what they have to say now.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Spiffywerks:
They found me 100% fault for violating VC 22107.

VC 22107. No person shall turn a vehicle from a direct course or move right or left upon a roadway until such movement can be made with reasonable safety and then only after the giving of an appropriate signal in the manner provided in this chapter in the event any other vehicle may be affected by the movement.
They got ya there spiffy. suicide
If you just would have driven straight into the guy, he would have been at fault, but since you swerved...now it's your fault. suicide

God...sometimes I wonder if folks take their brains out and leave them in a saftey deposit box for safekeeping. I hope the cops look at your 7 page document and revise their report, and their statement of fault.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:49 AM

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR

Its such a shame, you car was looking really hot Spiffy.

If its of any help I have a Cuda front for sale.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:17 AM

Thanks for the offer Xorro, however, I already have something worked out with Shark Racing to replace the front bumper.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:14 PM

people who drive minivans should be shot! flaming_ man, that pisses me off, the cuda was lookin really good, too. but dude, those skid marks are pretty damned long, if ya ask me. dunno however, at least everone involved is not injured, and the tib, itself, is not permanently injured.

[ April 17, 2003, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: turbulence ]