Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Bad News....

Old 03-24-2003 | 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Old 03-24-2003 | 09:37 PM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

flaming_ stupid freaking van...

cry for your tibby man... but glad you're ok...

this was almost the same type of crash I had in my moms sentra, it was totalled by the insurance company, just for your info if I'm not mistaken the reason the bags didn't deploy was because you didn't hit with your front, it was more a side hit... so yes you were going fast enough for them to deploy, but you didn't hit the front bumper...
Old 03-24-2003 | 10:44 PM

dag...sorry to hear about that. that one pic is crazy as ish though. was it the kids fault that was driving? that is messed up! well be glad that you and everybody else is safe. and that you didn't hit a person/kid instead of the car. when it comes to accidents the brains tend not to work but it's the aftermath that gets you all hyped up and thinking "i shoulda done this, or i shoulda done that". that's just the way it is. I had a van full of mexicans pull out in front of me on my way to work one morning and to avoid a frond end collision i side swiped them. luckily it was only that. but the tibs do crush easily unfortunately. and as for this cuda curse....it better be broken sometime soon otherwise that kit is gonna continue to sit in my den! maybe the guy pulled out because he wasnt' paying attention looking at your hott A$$ tib!!! lol
Old 03-24-2003 | 11:55 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

Sad. frown
Old 03-25-2003 | 11:14 PM

Well, I went and took a little bigger look at the accident site.

Here are a couple things I noticed.

50 mph speed zone. (One block before that section is 55 mph). The police officer wrote in the police report that it was a 45 zone.

My tires started skidding when I hit the center road paint and the middle section of the lane (where it's all oily).

That officer was being a ****. He wrote the how the accident happened wrong too. He said the guy was turning into the neighborhood and not coming out from it. When I told him he says: "Well, that doesn't change anything."

I think he was just being as *** cause I'm a young guy in a fixed up import who hit an old guy in a mini-van. But I would not have hit the guy if he had looked to the left instead of just driving out into the middle of the road and stopping.

Argh... I'm still so pissed off... I have a headache.. and I've gotta finish packing..
Old 03-26-2003 | 12:36 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6, 2008 Nissan Xterra Off-Road

As far as I know, if the police report is wrong (like he said 45-mph zone) they can't stick the ticket to you because a faulty investigation was done.
Old 03-26-2003 | 02:39 AM

I would go back to the accident site and take pics and pics of the speed limit. Thats total horse **** what the cop acted like. Bring as much documation and show the insurance if you have to the actual facts not what some cop beat_dow above the law says what happened when he wasn't there. Thats if the insurance company trys to stick it to you. Sorry to hear about your car man.
Old 03-26-2003 | 03:44 AM

He was also supposed to measure the tire marks to check and see how fast I actually was going. But no one measured anything.

I went back and looked, yet again.. the marks are about 4 car lengths long. (Which is prefectly believable I was doing between 50-55 mph)

I checked on my car also.

My radiator is fine. A little bent (torqued) but no holes. The fuild leak was the top radiator hose coming off. There is still about 1-2 inches between the fans and the exhaust manifold.

Battery wasn't even touched. My AEM intake is also fine. Although, the filter was crushed, the pipe itself wasn't touched. I don't believe the frame was hamed. Looks like the crash gaurd took most of the impact and the absorber was pushed in, but the frame wasn't touched. (Really, I didn't hit the guy that hard... I mean, look at the pictures of his van...)

I called the insurance company, they said the car IS repairable and they will fix it. Now it's just figuring out how liable each party is. If anything, I can see if being 90% his fault, 10% mine if any of it is my fault for being 5 mph over the speed limit. I'll just have to wait and see.

I called Brad @ TSR, he can get me all the parts I need (New Cuda front, K-Spec Lights *grin*, Clear Corners, Panels - maybe even Z Fenders?) But any of that stuff, I can get. It will be towed to the body shop that put the kit on tomorrow. And next week, when I get back from Hawaii, we'll figure everything out.

So it's bad, but things might work out ok after all... *huge sigh of relief*

Slowly the situation is getting better. Here's hoping...
Old 03-26-2003 | 08:18 AM

Well just now looking at the photos for the first time. You almost feel like crying.lol
Old 03-27-2003 | 04:34 AM

WHOA! Dont know if you remember, but I wrecked my car back in June. It looked EXACTLY like that, except for the damage was on the passenger side. My airbags didnt deploy. I hate to say this, but your insurance is probably going to total it. I had $13,175 worth of damage on my car, and I kid you not, the damage looks IDENTICAL, except for the side of the car it happened on. All my passengers were ok, I was going about the same speed as you, skid marks about the same. It kinda takes me back to when I wrecked my car. It doesnt look like all that much damage, but what happens, is everything you CANT see gets pushed back. That is why they will total it if they do. It is all the damage that is not visible that adds up REAL fast. I wish you luck with everything.