Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Aww Maaaaan :( I Forgot For A Minute!

Old 09-21-2011, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Wow, it actually feels really cool to be mentioned as one of the old-school RDT guys! :biggrin: I think that just made my day, and it's just Monday!

I remember you were the one I always, always agreed with And I remember when you got married.

i miss the old non-Nazi RDT. waahhh..

I think it was always like that. I remember in 2004, 19 and fresh out of high school, just got my first job and could afford to improve my car and make my vivid dreams into a reality. I got a lot of help from RDT. It was BUSTLING back then! Cbershark, faithofadragon, OdessitPashka, UltraTibby, SplinterCel, Viper966, Tibby01, Jaws021 was complaining that his car was too fast for his drivetrain began to crack DTN's car was completely bone stock... good times. then it became complete Nazi. You couldn't say anything. The whole site became detrimental to the community and it destroyed everyone. Corruption. Looking back, was it worth all that soap, all that anguish? I'm glad that chapter is over because that's not what car culture is about. Car culture is about respecting history and chatting about cars, not being bullies.

While this is true, I have a theory. A good condition tib is worth what like $4k at the most now? and thats on a good day maybe. I can't think of any car for $4k anywhere that I would like better. So I could never sell my tib and spend the cash on any car that would be more fun and better than the tib already is.

Josh I completely agree with you! I have said that many times in the past. You can buy a BMW, Lexus, or Honda, yet none of them will be as good condition or be as modern as a Hyundai that has parts easy and basic to repair or replace. I bought mine for $3,000. I am still impressed today at how much I got for that price. The steering and handling is so nimble and sporty. The speakers offer great sound! The design inside and out still keeps up. Every one of its competitors is aged. It was a steal and you can't find anything better than that, even today for that price. 10 years from now, it will still be just as good.