Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Aww Maaaaan :( I Forgot For A Minute!

Old 09-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default Aww Maaaaan :( I Forgot For A Minute!

I went to check my messages & whatnot and clicked the address bar in mah firefox. I typed in RDT and all the old RDTiburon.com addresses dropped down and then I remembered . . .

Oh well.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

the thing is, just about ALL of the top-frequenting users of rdtiburon.com sold their Tiburons. i think it's safe to say that it says a lot about where rdtiburon was as a community in relation to where everyone is now.

i'm still here, Loneshark, DTN, StrikeEagle, and you're still here, we're going nowhere soon. i was driving yesterday and made a wrong turn and ended up driving right through the bustling city square. some guy came up and complemented my Tiburon and asked all kinds of questions, and told me it is rare to see them and how sleek mine looks.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:11 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

'tis a shame. Oh well, HA is a top site anyways, at least there is a decent alternative to call home. Also what hkc said, there are many old members that have come across as well so its not all doom and gloom
Old 09-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I know, I know, but it's like accidentally driving to your old house after you move to a new place. HA is alright, or else I wouldn't be here eh!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:37 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

the thing is, just about ALL of the top-frequenting users of rdtiburon.com sold their Tiburons

Some of them are just getting started...
Old 09-18-2011, 09:18 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^i was going to mention you too! Tib001!!! (I didn't forget, I just couldn't mention everyone!). i like the new folks and i hope they like their Tiburons more than these new ugly cars. they're still cooler, better, and cheaper than RSXs, Integras, Eclipses, Celicas.

i remember buying my Tiburon for the first time. i was 18 (2002 November, got my car for a STEAL. a 5-year old Fully loaded everything FX, new tires, leather, sunroof for 3 grand. i had the best car out of all my friends. after we graduated high school, i pulled up at a light next to the girl i was infatuated with who was driving her parent's old Honda and she saw my red sports car, smiled and blushed. we spoke for a bit until the light changed and i sped off. it was a dream come true at the time.

now 10 years later she's filthy rich makes near 100k alone, engaged to some filthy rich guy, and drives the latest Audi A8 i shiite you not. i still have my Tiburon. you know what? times change, people change, but our legacy (as corny as it sounds) lives on here.

you know what? my car might not be the latest $40,000 luxury sedan you'd want to bring to a 10-year High School reunion, but it is still damn cool, fun, and shouts "the 90's will always rule you mu^&*(%#as"
Old 09-19-2011, 06:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Originally Posted by HyundaiKitCoupe
the thing is, just about ALL of the top-frequenting users of rdtiburon.com sold their Tiburons. i think it's safe to say that it says a lot about where rdtiburon was as a community in relation to where everyone is now.

i'm still here, Loneshark, DTN, StrikeEagle, and you're still here, we're going nowhere soon. i was driving yesterday and made a wrong turn and ended up driving right through the bustling city square. some guy came up and complemented my Tiburon and asked all kinds of questions, and told me it is rare to see them and how sleek mine looks.

Wow, it actually feels really cool to be mentioned as one of the old-school RDT guys! :biggrin: I think that just made my day, and it's just Monday!

I took a pretty big holiday after I graduated and got married, and you can't imagine my sadness when I finally returned and found out that RDT was gone. Fortunately it's still very similar here now.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

i miss the old non-Nazi RDT. waahhh..

i still sport my RDT 4th anniv. shirts all the time and the new litto one is almost old enough to wear codys old RDT shirt!!

i haven't owned my tib since 2007 and still sport my RDT shirts and hoodies!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:22 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^ LOL yeah, RedZ seemed to keep banning you for one reason or another.

I still sport my RDT hoodie and t-shirt quite a bit! I think it's the 4th or 5th year - the one with Regit on it (I think). Love them!
Old 09-20-2011, 07:14 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I miss Redz fighting with DTN about everything, was always entertaining lol.

you know what? my car might not be the latest $40,000 luxury sedan

While this is true, I have a theory. A good condition tib is worth what like $4k at the most now? and thats on a good day maybe. I can't think of any car for $4k anywhere that I would like better. So I could never sell my tib and spend the cash on any car that would be more fun and better than the tib already is.