Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Aug 07.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if they are putting in the new engine itll be the chrysler/mitsu/hyundai motor. if its the turbo one, itll be the 2.4L 300hp motor..

the motor is badass; i have been doing alot of research on this lately, and was looking into possibly one day doing a swap, and it would suck because the motor is mounted in cars 180 degrees to ours. the intake is where our header is, the header is where out intake is. so the swap would have to be COMPLETE custom.

i believe the motor in the EVO X is NOT the world engine. the EVO X seems to be using a MYVEC motor in it.

also, another cool thing about the current world engine AWD setups, are the transmissions that are hooked to them. they are CVT2 transmissions. put in plain english; there are NO gears, NO shifting. it has a system of belts and pulleys instead of gears, so its alot smoother.

i really can't see the new tiburon, at least the 4 cyl. version being RWD because most of the world engine setups right now are AWD or FWD options.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:35 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ i swear to god i should have pattented that idea when i was 15 years old. My idea would be a sliding belt on a pully system. The PTO would be a pully that gets bigger and bigger as it gets higher in RPM with adjustable spring tension.

QUOTE (Aust_RD @ Feb 16 2007, 09:50 PM)
I pray that they will be Beta II Intercooled Turbo with RWD................

That'd almost seal the deal on 'Bye Bye RD'

Heck no! That seals the deal on RD2 Beta II swap
Old 02-16-2007, 09:42 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

...Wait am I missing something? Do you guys want the RD scene to end?

SORRY FOR THE O/T
Old 02-17-2007, 08:46 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^what do you mean an rd scene? if this rumor is true the tiburon will finally be the monster the world has been waiting for! i'm a spoiled b*tch.

i think hyundai would unleash HELL and we'd finally get the revenge we need to those, "why buy a plastic hyundai" people i'm sick of hearing about.

^^ i swear to god i should have pattented that idea when i was 15 years old. My idea would be a sliding belt on a pully system. The PTO would be a pully that gets bigger and bigger as it gets higher in RPM with adjustable spring tension.

do you mean like a belt on a cone and one gear? that's the idea i have, or at least something a bit stronger than a belt haha. i won't patent it, but if i become an engineer i'll damn build it.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:43 AM

If it did come out, chances are that it would be in a heavier platform than the RD.

If its near the GKs weight or its ugly, and the motor swap isn't too difficult, I'd probably keep the RD.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:45 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^agree, if it's ugly and not perfect i won't be buying it. if it's heavy well damnit...

socks that's funny about the same people comment. convertible was like a few months from the assembly line until they scrapped it. probably saw poor celica convertible sales...
Old 02-17-2007, 04:13 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Turbo Tiburon

Mad check your pm's
Old 02-17-2007, 08:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I went out and test drove the '07 Tiburon. I personally like the looks of it, but the I4 engine is exactly the same as the others, nothing changed there. It was tiptronic, which I love, but it didn't seem to really have the power I was wanting. I guess that's the autotragic's fault there... Also, the visibility was a lot worse, and I felt a lot more cramped inside. I like the looks of the interior, and the gauges are amazing!!!!! Waaay better than any Bros top of the line gauges or anything. I would love to be able to do a swap of the gauge cluster, the headlights and taillights, then I would be happy. And it has great possibilities for haloz in the tails too!
I tried finding out from the dealer what I could about new ones coming out, and he basically said everything is rumor as of now. They're thinking of a turbo'd version at some point with up around 250HP, possibly RWD. It'll lose the Tiburon name then, and be a Tuscani instead. Nothing definite at all, and seeing how well they do with their promises of the convertible, I wouldn't expect too much from it.
It was snowing here (I was visiting up in Johnson City, TN), but there wasn't enought to cause any problems. Below is a pic of the one I drove.

Once I finished that one, I went over to the Subaru Dealer, and drove the '07 Impreza WRX. Absolutely stunning!! I love the looks (not as much as the Evo, but more than the old version), and it's the first turbo'd car I've ever driven!! I only took it up to 3500 RPM once, and the turbo hit at about 3000. It kinda seemed to relax at 3000, then BOOM! I was tearing down the road as the turbo was doing it's work. Man did it make me boost happy!! Being AWD, it had no problem in the snow, I had a little trouble perfecting the very tight clutch, but I know it would be terrific once mastered. (I drive manual all the time). Anyhow, I would much rather have the WRX over a Tiburon almost any day. (I'm going to get shot for saying that...) Fuel mileage is about 10mpg less, but power was about 243 on AWD, and the price was about the same as a top trim level Tiburon. Not to mention it was a 4-door with a bit more room. Below is a pic of that one that I drove too.

I love going to dealers with my gf, they think we're already a couple looking at getting a new car (the hyundai dealer was hoping I would trade mine in quite soon), so they're more than happy to let us take them out for a ride, or do what we want. So far I've test driven an FJ Cruiser, the new Tiburon, and the new WRX. Plans for more are devloping wink1.gif

Sorry for the OT stuff, I hope I'm not a hijacker. I was thinking of starting a new topic, but figured it might get locked because of this one. Feel free to split it off if you want.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:58 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

How tall are you? You look like you can't fit in the tiburon in that first pic. lol
Old 02-17-2007, 10:22 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ he's 6'9"

And he does not play basketball, cuz he's white and can't jump. nana.gif