Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Attn: Dog-lovers

Old 01-01-2008 | 09:00 PM

well, i got both Shondra and Hunter when they both were pups cuz before them, all the dogs we've had are my mom's choice, i didn't really care for them. one day though we went to a pet store, and i discovered a breed to my calling, the keeshond. my mom once told me whenever i'm ready for a pup just let her know what i want, and that was it. so i found shondra in a advertisement. she was alot of fun, and we thought it'd be interesting to breed, so then we got hunter, and they bred the cutest kees pup i've ever seen fing02.gif after that, both my kees grew up with me. my only disadvantage with Shondra is that she runs away, but then she's only getting excercise and always comes back, the problem with Hunter is that he's not exactly a playful little thing, always always always cuddling!!! only time he plays is with shondra.

well, i went over to my mom's today, and took a look at Shondra. apparently, she's going through a similar "phrase" that she went through after her litter. the problem my mom's talking about is that she lost a lot of hair. last i've seen shondra, she had 2 bald patches on her body, but we figured it was from playing with hunter. and i thought that my mom meant she got more bald patches on her, and i just kinda panicked.
today, however the bald patches all grew back, it's just that she's not as fluffy as she was before.
last time that this happened to her, we took her to the vet, and they all they told us is that she's just stressed out from the birth (it was her first litter, birthed 10 pups, and 7 survived, not bad for firstborns) and ergo we wasted $75 just hear that she's only stressed. but vet did recommend vitamin pills, and skin soother pills for shondra to take once a day, which are the pills you can easliy find at any pet stores. mad.gif
Old 01-01-2008 | 09:17 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited

glad to hear she's ok. we get all of our vet work done by military vets, so there's no "doctor's fee's". we just have to pay for meds or any major surgeries. it's a lot cheaper than civilian vets that have a $100 fee just for them to look at the pet for 5 minutes!! we had to take our lab mix to a civilian "emergency room" for pets and it cost us $300 for them to do a urinalysis and them antibiotics to fix the urinary tract infection she had. it's insane how much people charge for the simplest of things.
Old 01-01-2008 | 09:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

We had a purebread palmeranian that used to be show dog, and when he turned two he started losing his hair. It's a fairly common (about 1 in 30 palms) for palmeranians to just go bald, but he was still pretty cute! hair on his face and around his neck, and around his paws, and a little bit on his tail, but for the rest of him he was bald. The breeder took him to some of the best vets in Canada and the US, they tried countless different medications (all covered under his million dollar insurance policy on this dog) however after all that he just gave him to my family so it would have a good home.

I guess that doesn't help much, this thread just reminded me of him.
Old 01-01-2008 | 09:46 PM

smile.gif that's ok, i don't mind, it's nice to know that i've reminded someone of his/her pet smile.gif lol demon_fox did that to me just recently, he showed me pics of his cat, and when i saw them, i cried cuz his cat reminds me of my life-pet, my cat that i grew up with, her name's shadow and she's my sister, she was born around the same time i was born, so she's as old as i am, and she died just 4 months ago, Oct 2007 ..... i miss her 02.gif
Old 01-01-2008 | 10:52 PM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

My friends dog has this problem. Right around his neck where his collar and right around his tail where he chews.. But if this isnt the problem. Table scraps such as breads will cause the fur to fall out with certain breeds of animals my cousins miniture pincher had this problem the vet said not to feed him any table scraps and 2 weeks later he had all his fur back.
Old 01-02-2008 | 02:29 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

My GFs dog has been missing since the 28th when it jumped the fence. And she found out this morning that it was hit by a car and put down because it wasnt going to make it. Very sad day.
Old 04-29-2008 | 11:50 PM

^that's too bad to hear 02.gif

well i dug this ol thread up for quick update:

after few months of Shondra taking her daily vitamins and skin conditioner pills, well she's back to her good ol self, and much softer than ever!!!
here's a couple pics i took with my phone when i was last over at my mom's:

the one on the left in top pic, right on bottom pic, is Shondra, she's back to the kind of fluffy she's born with laugh.gif

and the other one(lighter fur) is Hunter, he's always been much fluffier than Shondra lol.
Old 05-02-2008 | 12:00 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

she's soooo adorable! glad to hear the great news. it's good you didn't have to go to the vet and get ripped off. mine just got their shots. it was fun because each has a different reaction to the vet since we have to take them one at a time. they've gotten so used to each other that they go crazy without each other, and i mean they just become soooooo saddened without one another.

glad to hear you are happy as well.