Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Army/guard Questions

Old 03-15-2009 | 03:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Almost any mOS can go through jump school, that's not a worry my man.

It's not all roses, some stuff sucks. I went 18 months in Korea without being able to see an Army dentist. I'm 80% disabled and never went to combat, I just got messed up doing my daily stuff and not saying no to things I should have. People ause their power (OMFG< NAZII!!!), and there are other issues, but they are far outweighed by the good stuff.

Computer jobs are often boring, and physical jobs are often overly strenuous. Technical jobs are plain, and all often have too few tools or working ones. Another negative is our current President. Ask anyone who served under the regime of Clinton, stuff got BAD. Obama has no respect for the military, was never in, and they will again suffer because of it. Mechanics are always busy and always working late. Infantrymen don't get a lot of the extras others do, and mechanized forces are usually better off than those that aren't.

For example, light artillery soldiers don't have the amount of room that armored artillery soldiers do. they don't do as much maintenance either, but the armored ones can carry ice chests, stoves, cots, ect.
Old 03-15-2009 | 04:13 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I would like to add that in my technical job, i can get any tool or part which I need overnighted to me if necessary. The army does not joke about it's quality of healthcare. I could get locked up in jail if I do calibrations on medical equipment improperly.

Medical equipment is required to be in top condition. In radar, we always had more tools then we needed. Once a month there was an inventory conducted, tools were replaced, part were restocked, and everything was replenished. For standard mechanics, a vice grip works as well as a box/open ended wrench. I'll be damned if I'm going to round off a bolt on a unit which I spent 16 hours in calibration.