Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Anyone know celebrities?

Old 02-11-2005 | 06:01 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

QUOTE (SloKDM)
My father is friends with the basketball player...Alonzo Mourning. They play golf together twice a week. i'm going on tuesday.

I'll trade you 2 Tommy Lasorda baseball autographs and $20 for an Alonzo Mourning basketball autograph laugh.gif:
Old 02-11-2005 | 06:04 PM

Played middle school- high school football, and actually fought Betheal Johnson, who plays for the pats.
Old 02-11-2005 | 06:19 PM

Well, I've chated w/ Patrick Ewing a couple of times at a local resturant, and seen Mourning on numerous occasions (Driving). All the former Georgetown players come back to DC to play summer ball.

And my manager at my first job (Lifeguard) was a journalism major at Georgetown and I got to go to a game w/ him back when AI was there, and talked to him for a couple minutes while my boss snapped a few picks for the school paper. Also (Tibwrc slaps himself for his random acts of kindness) got a very nice b/w signed pic of AI that I gave to my best friend who was in love w/ AI at the time. Stupid. Oh well.

I've also met Lavar Arrington. As much of a beast as he is on the field, hes one of the nicest, most down to earth guys I've ever met.

I was also friends with most of O.A.R. They graduated HS the year after me.
Old 02-11-2005 | 06:19 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

When I was in highschool I was at Venice beach in Santa Monica chick huntnig and walking with a few girls we met. Low and behold rides Andrew Keigan (spelling? who cares) the guy from "10 Things I hate about you" and 7th Heaven and all that BS. He cruised up on a Long Board (big skateboard) and the chicks went nuts. He came over just before I got something out of my car. He asked what we were up to. I said I was about to smoke. He said, "cigaretts?"

My repsonse was No. He then took it upon himself to join in on the "circle". After about 10 minutes or so, he just decides to bone out. WTF? I guess he was a nice dude, but c'mon, anyone ever heard of a scavenger smoker? Celebrity or not wtf. LOL, anyway that was a long time ago...

Other than that you see and talk to quite a few celebs if you're in the right spots, so you see em everywhere, but Celebs piss me off, I just get jealous, especially their cars, lol.
Old 02-11-2005 | 06:31 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

QUOTE (Blacktibs)
When I was in highschool I was at Venice beach in Santa Monica chick huntnig and walking with a few girls we met. Low and behold rides Andrew Keigan (spelling? who cares) the guy from "10 Things I hate about you" and 7th Heaven and all that BS. He cruised up on a Long Board (big skateboard) and the chicks went nuts. He came over just before I got something out of my car. He asked what we were up to. I said I was about to smoke. He said, "cigaretts?"

I had to look up who you were talking about, so I thought I'd post a picture for others
Old 02-11-2005 | 06:34 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Old middle school teacher was jennifer love hewitts uncle or something like that..

Ive met all the yankee pitchers from back when wells and clemens were there...

my aunt knows some baseball player...hes in the MLB but hes not real famous er nuthin
Old 02-11-2005 | 06:37 PM

Where do I begin? Let's see I'll start with NFL football players: I know Jerome Mayberry (All Pro offensive lineman for the Eagles..had classes with him in college) Coach Castillo (a defensive coach of the Eagles) I've met several Cowboys: Randal Willams (scord fastest touchdown in NFL history against the Eagles last year) Preston Pearson (exCowboy great) Pete Hunter (cornerback and fastest player on Cowboys) Jason Witten (one of the best emerging tight ends in the game) Tony Romo (backup quarterback) Tony Dixon (Cowboy Safety) Darrel Green used to go to my church when I was a kid. A couple of the Cowboy's cheerleaders..so fricken hot I was nervous when they talked to me and couldn't say much..

Famous People: I've met George Strait (he used to play concerts here every year) Penn and Teller, Rosie O'Donnel..she's not as fat as she looks and is short, Noland Ryan (one of the greatest pitchers of all time and met him when he held a charity dinner to raise money for my college's baseball field) and of course Eva Longoria..(like I posted earlier) and Franky from the Kumbia Kings (don't know if you guys are familiar but I actually very briefly appeared in one of their music videos when they shot it in Corpus,and I was right up front..no B/S..Franky has quit the group since.it was so cool..I first saw the video in Guadalajarra with my cousins and they didn't believe me)

Wrestling and my favorites: Stone Cold Steve Austin..nice guy, sighned my MTV Claymation T-shirt of him shooting the finger and my favorite...The Macho Man Randy Savage..I'll never forget what he told me..."Glad you could come and see me tonight kid!!" and nearly squeezed my hand to death..I was in awe of Miss Elizabeth's beauty..

I think I covered eveybody..I have a feeling I forgot some..
Old 02-11-2005 | 10:55 PM

Vehicle: Honda

I've met quite a few Dallas Cowboys players where I work. We are the closest Best Buy to Valley Ranch where most of them live. To name some of the more popular players, Eddie George, Roy Williams, and Pete Hunter. One of them, Ben Noll, came in and the guy who sold him his TV joked and said, "Yeah, bring me a jersey." Well, that was back in October and just a week before the Super Bowl he came into the store, asked for Eli, and gave him a GAME WORN THANKSGIVING DAY jersey. Told him he was so sorry it took so long to get one, but he wanted to give him a good one. Class act.

A couple of the Mavericks have been into the store too, Devin Harris and Josh Howard if anyone knows basketball.

I met Nolan Ryan once at a baseball clinic.

I met Victor Morales (D-Texas) once, he ran for Senate and I got to talk to him for a while. Really cool guy, just didn't like how things were going and just decided to run, by driving his Nissan pickup across the state. Won the party nomination and only lost by like 5% in the election.

I can't believe that guy who said he's going to play golf with Alonzo Mourning. Tell him I said him and Shaq will take the East, but there is no way in hell they can beat the Spurs. TELL HIM.
Old 02-11-2005 | 11:02 PM

met charlies barkley on an airplane once to arizona
Old 02-12-2005 | 12:26 AM

Vehicle: Honda

QUOTE (code)
met charlies barkley on an airplane once to arizona

No way. That's my favorite player ever man. I've never seen him in person, but heard he's not as tall as people think. Like he's more around 6'2'' or so. Is that true?

Edit... What airlines was it?? Southwest?