Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Anyone In Here Lift Weights

Old 02-10-2008 | 06:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^Exactly...have you ever used these products? or did you just read somewhere that they dont work at all??

Because I've seen some of these products (creatine) work.

You've got to get more in detail..if you dont endorse using those products, then what do you buy at the grocery store to get a good effect and help your workouts?
Old 02-10-2008 | 06:56 PM

I have used and tried many supplement ( whey, creatine, L-Tyrosine, L-Arginine, ZMA, omega 3-6-9, ginseng, multi-vit and others). I currently take omega 3-6-9, ginseng, multi-vit and zma, I'll go back on L-Tyrosine, L-Arginine in a couple months. I'm also a high level athlete that works out 6-10 times a week. I've read lots on supplements and I'm also doing a degree in Human Nutrition so I have some knowledge on the subject. If your just looking to get in better shape I say go for some whey protein if you don't eat enough protein, other than that multi-vit and the omegas. Eating a healthy balanced diet is what will help you most.
Old 02-10-2008 | 07:28 PM

^^^whey protein alone wont just get me in shape though... Im working out 4 days resting 1 and repeating. Theres some sports in the mix too with basketball and what not. Im a broke a** college kid who drinks(not alcoholic like lol but on the weekends) cant afford to be buying steaks, chicken, fish, etc so this is goin to help supplement that. I want to put on weight too..obviously not fat. But I eat everything in site and Ive gained probably 8-10lbs since highschool (4 yrs ago) so I chose a protein powder with a little higher calorie content. Since the powders arent high in carbs ill just make up for that with what I got around here.

If you realloy want to look through every single protein powder and compare them all with ingrediants/ price/ servings percontainer/ etc then by all means go ahead and let me know whats best bang for buck...so far this optimum nutrion one is what iv found and its a very highly rated product as well. so that helps me some in my decision.
Old 02-10-2008 | 07:32 PM

as a pre-med/exercise science major, with a minor in nutrition (degree completed) majik nailed it right on the head. there is No reason to take that much protein in excess, you will simply be wasting your $$
Old 02-10-2008 | 07:36 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've used a lot of different supplements, Ive used both expensive creatine serum and protein powders from GNC type stores and the cheap powdered creatine, cheap creatine pills, and cheap protein powders you can pick up at your local walmart or similar...

The difference is night and day, you really get what you pay for, the serum was just great, i had minimal water retention but my workouts were more intense and gains were substantial, the good protein allowed gains without having to go total carnivore 24/7.

The cheap stuff was just a little better than no supplements at all, first off, you get nasty tasting stuff from the grocery store that barely mixes. And i hardly feel more than a placebo effect.

I'm going to buy some more creatine serum and quality protein as i've learned my lesson. And as most everyone here agrees, along with experts, creatine is safe, just make sure you stay hydrated, as is the case with any exercise.
Old 02-10-2008 | 07:36 PM

Youre kidding me right haha?^^ did you not hear the part where i said i dont go buyin steaks and all the foods that come with protein, so i have to get it somehow??

My reply was for the one above you alex..not your post
Old 02-10-2008 | 07:42 PM

o just a little advise from my experience. the dining halls @ my school had grilled chicken. stock up on that if its available.
Old 02-10-2008 | 07:48 PM

^^ I dont have a meal plan any more and I live off campus so when i get groceries i just go to the store. I buy these big a** bags of chicken cause they are so cheap.

Im doin this stuff because I know it works. I see it in my friend. He is a ripped SOB. He knows exactly what hes talkin about and he rides my a** when it comes to me not liftin right and eatin right(although its hard when your broke and hes not lol)
Old 02-10-2008 | 08:14 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thats what you need right there, a friend that drives you when you feel lazy, and then you motivate him when he doesnt want to go to the gym. When i left college i didnt have anybody to push me anymore and i fell off for a while.

Homey, you know your floating right in the ocean off the coast of africa on the member map? lmao.gif
Old 02-10-2008 | 08:24 PM

^^yea i like workin with him...

ps iv been there for awhile now no one fixed it for me lol its cool im in my dingy just floatin around lookin at the scenery... feel free to swim out and join alex