Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Anyone ever flashed their high beams

Old 03-09-2012, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon
Default Anyone ever flashed their high beams

At you from behind, trying to get you to move? Do you do it or stay in the lane to piss them off? If I was going slower than traffic, I would do it. But if I’m already going faster than everyone else (or above the limit) and some douche is just trying to be a douche, I aint moving!
Old 03-09-2012, 12:14 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

I give thumbs up to those people. Pisses them off even more. Doesn't happen much because if I'm going speed limit, I stay the f--- out of the left lane.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

It has happened, but rarely. I don't really care. If they're flashing me they're really impatient. If you caught me I'm letting you past but I'm not slamming on my brakes to duck into traffic, I'll pull aside once there's an opening.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:13 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

if they feel they are capable of driving over the speed limit safely they should be able to pass or change lanes safely. i usually give a hand signal to go around if they do it again-... i flash my brake lights. some extreme cases i call *fhp on them and let the state troopers take care of the asshat.

i know when i speed i try not to disturb the others in traffic-... that may involve alot of lane changes and quick ones too but why should anyone else have to yield to my unlawfulness? they shouldn't and nor should i for anyone else.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:32 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec

Originally Posted by 187sks
It has happened, but rarely. I don't really care. If they're flashing me they're really impatient. If you caught me I'm letting you past but I'm not slamming on my brakes to duck into traffic, I'll pull aside once there's an opening.

^This. I hate when I'm already going 5 over the speed limit, passing someone going 60 and some asshat in an Audi starts riding my ass because I'm not going 90. I haven't flashed my high beams (unless you're referring to my man-boobs) at anyone. I usually just pass people (even if it is a double yellow) going 40 in a 55, which happens a lot here in cowtown.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:45 PM

Vehicle: 2010 2.0T GC R-Spec

In Kuwait you'd get run off the road.

Literally.

Don't be an asshat. Just move over and let them by. What's worse getting over as soon as you can, or getting into an accident with them? You can bet if someone flys up on me and flashes Im getting over as soon as I can. No reason to put myself in harm.

Let the dangerous drivers go by, and protect yourself.

Oh, and to answer your question, yes I flash my lights.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Hijinx
In Kuwait you'd get run off the road.

Literally.

Don't be an asshat. Just move over and let them by. What's worse getting over as soon as you can, or getting into an accident with them? You can bet if someone flys up on me and flashes Im getting over as soon as I can. No reason to put myself in harm.

Let the dangerous drivers go by, and protect yourself.

Oh, and to answer your question, yes I flash my lights.

Then they shouldn't be an asshat respectively. If I'm passing people, I'm not going to brake, move over just to let them go by. They'll get their chance to speed pass me once I'm done passing. Sorry that not everything revolves around their world. If they really ride my ass, then I'll just pull the trusty old e-brake.

I don't live in Kuwait
Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by PandaSmuggler
If they really ride my ass, then I'll just pull the trusty old e-brake.

This is f*cking stupid.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Hijinx
This is f*cking stupid.

Then don't ride people's asses.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:18 PM

Personally, I don't. But, it's dumb. For what? You believe you'll teach them a lesson? That's funny. There are so many things that could go wrong...

What if you have that person that doesn't care about their life?

You never know, man. I'm not trying to be high and mighty, because I used to do that sort of thing. I also used to tailgate believing I could pressure people into getting out of my way. But, nowadays I value my life more than irritating someone. It's a crazy, small world out there. Few learn, but most don't.

Hell, I pretty much do the speed limit everywhere now. I commute so the only exception is if I am actually running late.