Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Anyone else dieting?

Old 01-18-2005 | 09:55 PM

Intensive cardio. And then eat whatever you want. But you'll have to do a lot better than 50 calories on the bike (guessing you meant 500). smile.gif

I personally try not to eat anything that has the following ingredients:

hydrogenated oils
corn syrup
refined sugar
bleached/white flour

Just avoiding those four items religiously makes for much healthier eating. And it rules out 75% of stuff in stores, but that's the way it goes.

Anything loaded with preservatives and artificial coloring I tend to avoid when possible. The only organic items I buy are milk and yogurt, because they both taste so much better and keep longer than the hormone/antibiotic/puss-loaded non-organic versions. I don't know if that counts as a diet.

On one of the cooking shows on food network they measured the amount of oil in the fryer before and after cooking several pieces of breaded chicken, and it was less than two teaspoons difference. It can be lowfat if fried at the proper temperature and without a ton of breading. Don't know about fast food places though. You'd have to pay to eat fast food. wink1.gif
Old 01-18-2005 | 10:04 PM

It's good that you want to lose weight Tibbychick but be very careful not to lose too much weight at once. Last year I wieghed 245lbs..all I did was lift heavy weights...I then decided to tone up by running more and lifting less and dieting hard. I lost 10lbs in less then one week and ended up droping to 215lbs in two months. Just recently, I had to have my gall bladder removed because I had stones. The doctor told me that since I watch what I eat, It was more then likely caused by the rapid weight loss. And let me tell you...it hurts...it hurts real bad. When I woke up on the surgery table, it felt like an elephant had sat on my chest..even drugged up I could feel the imense pain. AND that's because that was minor surgery..I could only imagine the heart disease that can be caused from rapid weight loss as well.
Old 01-18-2005 | 10:21 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

QUOTE (Tibbychick)
Im just gonna put a giant picture of Adrianna Lima on my wall. That way I'll be constantly reminded of my goal. And plus she's hot. She'll look great next to Johnny Knoxville LOL

Ive been trying to do at least 25 crunchies a night and burn at least 50 calories riding the stationary bike. And when the weather gets warmer Im gonna start walking and rollerblading more.

25 crunchies? 50 calories?

First of ALL, you REALLY don't look like you need to lose weight. Post more pictures of yourself and try to find one that you look fat in (I bet you can't do it).

If you want to lose weight, the best thing to do is replace it with muscle. Join a gym and work out regularly. I go to Gold's Gym at least 4 times a week, more if I find time. I play racquetball usually 2, maybe 3 times a week. That's an awesome cardio work out and will really help lose weight.
Everytime I go to the gym, I make sure I do these things:
200 Crunches
50 incline sit ups with 35 lbs. of resistance
25 twists (each side) on the oblique machine with 120lbs. of resistance
~30 seated crunches with 120 lbs. of resistance

That'll help give you nice hard abs if that's what you're looking for. I'm not trying to lose weight though.. I want to gain it. In the last 3 months, I've lost size in my waist (don't know an actual number, probably about 2 inches) and fat elsewhere, and increased my lifting weight in almost every muscle, and I've gained 5 pounds. I can now state that I'm addicted to working out and lifting weight. Maybe I should try less weight and try to tone now...
Old 01-19-2005 | 06:15 AM

Just remember Liz.. if you do go to the gym, Muscle weighs more than Fat. you might not weigh less, but you will look better. Not everyone knows this, My sis used to be quite muscular from all the cardioworkouts she did. When she got pregnant and it all turned to fat, her doc used to complain that she was not putting on enough weight.... she wound up putting on TOO much and came down with pre-eclampsia and wound up in bed for the last two months of her pregnancy. I mean come on.. a girl who is 5'5" and weighs 135 and wears a size 2? That is NOT fat... (my sis that is)

Basically, if you set unrealistic goals, you will never attain them. I like to be around 165 or less, but recently I found myself edging 180 (and my clothes were shrinking around the waist) it was a simple matter of cutting back some on what I eat (no more hoagies, eating sandwiches) and drink ( consume a LOT of water instead of carbonated drinks) and I got myself back down to 170 in no time flat.
Old 01-19-2005 | 07:51 AM

I completely agree with Mad-Machine!
Muscle weighs more than fat!
Just avoid eating too much fat.
The best way to look beter, is to do some excersise.
So if yo are going to work out, don't look at the weight!
You will notice that the size of your clothes will be smaller, but the weight is going up; or will stay the same!
Try to diet on a healthy way. Not just stop eating!
Ow and keep this in mind... the only way to maintain, is to sin from time to time...

Greetz
Brutus
Old 01-19-2005 | 08:17 AM

ok, so judging from the one pic I saw, you really don't need to lose weight. Anyway, if you are really trying to lose weight, you need to burn more than 50 calories exercising. You need to burn more than you are taking in. I would suggest just spending more time on the bike.
Old 01-19-2005 | 08:25 AM

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
Not everyone knows this, My sis used to be quite muscular from all the cardioworkouts she did. When she got pregnant and it all turned to fat, her doc used to complain that she was not putting on enough weight....

Just so people don't get confused...muscle and fat are two distinctly different components within the body. Muscle can't turn into fat and vice versa. Losing fat and gaining muscle mass gives occur simultaneoulsy when you work out, so people assumed that fat was being turned into muscle, or muscle became fat when you stopped working out for a lengthy period of time. Actually, muscle begins to lose its composition, or stay at its current size, if you change up your routine.
Old 01-19-2005 | 08:47 AM

QUOTE (ArcticChill)
Just so people don't get confused...muscle and fat are two distinctly different components within the body. Muscle can't turn into fat and vice versa. Losing fat and gaining muscle mass gives occur simultaneoulsy when you work out, so people assumed that fat was being turned into muscle, or muscle became fat when you stopped working out for a lengthy period of time. Actually, muscle begins to lose its composition, or stay at its current size, if you change up your routine.

Yes sir that is correct, looks like people actually know what theyre talkin about. However I'd also suggest doin cardio along with the workout. Yes liftin weights burn fat, but not nearly as much as cardio. And yes, Im goin to agree with everyone else in that I dont see how or why or where you can lose weight.
Old 01-19-2005 | 08:52 AM

It's a good thing she's starting to watch her weight now..a woman's metabolism starts to slow down at around 25yrs. Starts to show on the thighs and butt area first. You do not want to loose any more then 5lbs (that may not seem like much but it is) a month to stay healthy.
Old 01-19-2005 | 09:00 AM

Didn't you hear? Fattiness is the new fashion statement in the states. Why do you think the SUVs have gotten bigger, and are the new "craze"?...to support our fat asses. Sooner or later, the lanes on the highway will become wider to support the wider SUVs.
Lesson here is...the size of the cars we drive are proportional to size of our asses. And for guys, the power and speed of the car is proportional to the size of our...egos. Now replace egos with phallus. wink1.gif

I should be driving a Koenigsegg CC V8. tongue.gif: