Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Anyone Carry Around Weapons In Their Car?

Old 06-27-2006 | 11:14 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (BLK2KTIB @ Jun 28 2006, 04:00 AM)
These are some very disturbing posts sad.gif

Not to start a flame war but this is a prime example of why your crime rates are so high down there. Someone is allways going to one up you.

fist<bat<knife<gun<thermonuclear device

You sound like that we're going to go out and start blasting people. It's called Self Defense. It makes sense, especially in a town with alot of Hispanic gangs.
Old 06-27-2006 | 11:22 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t

QUOTE (korean_redneck @ Jun 28 2006, 01:14 AM)
You sound like that we're going to go out and start blasting people. It's called Self Defense. It makes sense, especially in a town with alot of Hispanic gangs.

So there you go you proved my point exactly.

they come at you with fists.

you cut them with a knife.

they COME BACK with guns.

weapons are a catalist for very bad things.

but I do understand the fear that you would have from gang violence. They only reason I could see for producing the weapon would be like miamitib said. If you or another person is in physical danger, f*** the property.
Old 06-27-2006 | 11:24 PM

i had a S&W knife in my car for work. Cops took it because i guess i cant have a blade longer than 4 in for fixed in ct. That wasnt fun 02.gif.
Old 06-27-2006 | 11:31 PM

QUOTE (BLK2KTIB @ Jun 28 2006, 12:00 AM)
this is a prime example of why your crime rates are so high down there.

How so? A few guys with pocket knives are on the streets and up to no good? When real criminals all have illegal handguns?
Old 06-27-2006 | 11:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Uh oh..I can see this thread is about to get heavy..

One thing though..arent there laws in certain states about carry a weapon like a knife? I know in nj you cant carry a switchblade or any knife longer then 4 in. unless you work for emt, are a firefighter, etc.
Old 06-28-2006 | 12:37 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (BLK2KTIB @ Jun 28 2006, 05:22 AM)
So there you go you proved my point exactly.

they come at you with fists.

you cut them with a knife.

they COME BACK with guns.

weapons are a catalist for very bad things.

but I do understand the fear that you would have from gang violence. They only reason I could see for producing the weapon would be like miamitib said. If you or another person is in physical danger, f*** the property.

Hispanics gangs know JUDO. Judo know they have a knife, Judo know they have a gun... so you have to be prepared ... Anyways. Let me give you a hug. We both need it
Old 06-28-2006 | 12:50 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

^^^lmao.gif
Old 06-28-2006 | 06:34 AM

QUOTE (korean_redneck @ Jun 28 2006, 02:52 AM)
Their are many restrictions. You can't bring a gun in a school, you can't carry a weapon under the influence of alcohol, and their's several other places too.

Like Korean has said, there are MANY restrictions. The first thing you have to do is find out if your state legally allows you to carry a weapon in your vehicle. Some states will not let you at all. Some states will allow you if you have a concealed weapons carrying permit (a concealed weapon, whether hidden on you or in your glove box does include EVERYTHING that can be used as a weapon and you've hidden it somehow, even if you put a knife into your pocket a permit is required in most states). There are even some states that allow you to carry a weapon as long as it is exposed.

The best way to find out what your state does is to go to the state police website or call them up to find out the regulations of carrying a weapon on yourself or in your vehicle.

Personally I have had a concealed weapons permit for a number of years. And I wear my Springfield XD .357SIG everywhere I go. Especially when I'm in SE DC where MS13 has been busy. I'm not a cop or anything like that, just a Pentagon employee. I also carry a Benchmade 4" auto-blade knife. Why? Because there are times I go places where I have to check in my pistol or leave it in the car, but I am legally allowed to carry my knife.

I also do A LOT of traveling to a lot of places in and out of the country. If your going to travel with a weapon, you need to do research of the laws of the states that you will be traveling through, and your destination. Not all states have signed off on the Carry Concealed Weapons Reseprocity. While there are currently 13 states involved in it, who recognizes each other's permit, other states do not recognize it and if your pulled over, found with a weapon, within a state that is not part of reseprocity, well your screwed.

Have I ever had to draw my gun in self defense. Yes. But its the last thing I do, and even when I do that I give the situation a chance. Here's the scenerio I was in:

SE DC, parked my car, went into a building for about an hour, came out 4 guys are standing at my car. I ask them to step away so that I can leave. One boner says he liked my car and I politely said thank you. The same boner said he wanted the keys and I politely said "I'm sorry, but no." at this point I see one guy go to my left, one go to my right, and the boner and his boner comrade standing infront of me. I told them to just let me go or I'll have armed security come out of the building. Boner comrade calls me a few choice words and steps towards me. I tell him to stop moving, he pulls a knife. He steps towards me again, and I step backwards. Boner Left matches my steps, and Boner Right is starting to walk towards me. So I assessed the situation, and started to walk backwards with a slight turn to the right, my goal was to get all 4 boner brothers back infront of me. Great, did it, boner rigth was about 8 feet from me, he was the closest, but was still outside of stabbing distance. They asked for the keys again and again I refused. I pulled my cell phone out and thats when boner left pulled a knife and was walking towards me. So I pocketed the phone drew my pistol and put the dot (I've got crimson hand grips) on boner left's chest, told him to stop and explained that I had no reserve in shooting someone. Boner left tries to be bold and takes a step, I racked the slide, one Jacketed Hollowpoint round ejected out. This is what is called your self defense pyramid. You go through everything you can, try to rule out every option before having to shoot someone. Racking the slide showed them the gun was ready to fire, and now they really know it has a round in the chamber. The first boner that talked to me was in the back of the pack now, and he steps forwards a couple of steps, I kept the dot on boner left, and told boner 1 to take his crew and go away. He tells me I won't shoot, and I counter'd with, "I've shot plenty of people in Afghanistan and Iraq, and personally at this moment your starting to look like one of them and I'm starting to miss it." Not more than maybe a couple seconds after that, from my left I hear, "DROP THE WEAPONS". Look over real quick with a glance and its two of the security guards with their H&K UMPs. The guys dropped their knives, security padded them down, and handed them off to the Capitol Police. THE END

Okay so whats the point of the story? Research what the law is in YOUR state about a self defense weapon. Also, a gun/knife/pepper spray/etc... gives you what we call, "False Courage" Just because your carrying something, doesn't mean you have a clue how to use it, or when to use it. It should never be your first resort, but your last. And you have to have the confidece, and self discipline to be able to use it when you ablsolutly must.

If you have any questions about the CCW permit, feel free to ask.
Old 06-28-2006 | 08:35 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

back when i had my .32 special i carried it everywhere i used to have a ol school chicago bulls pullover jacket and i would carry it in my pouch

ive had to pull it out ONCE at someone and i never even pointed it at him i was walkin to my brothers house from work (car broke a exhaust manifold again...carbon monoxide inside of the car sucks....) and saw some guy beating the shit out of a woman in the middle of the street close fisted punching and kicking her in the stomach i yelled STOP first and he told me to mind my @#$#ing business and then kicked her in the face thus busting her nose and knocking her on conscience so i pulled out the .32 pulled the safety and fired a round into the air he took off running

i went to see if she was ok but she was knocked out a few minutes later some elderly neighbors came out(they were afraid to do so earlier) and we picked her up and brought her inside of the house (shes still unconscience) like a half hour later(APD ROCKS!!) the cops showed up now i wasnt 21 yet so having a handgun was illegal so now im sweatin....but the cop told me to "go on" and he never put my name in the police report so i was good to go

i honestly feel like he probably would have killed her if i hadnt stopped him she was beat up BAD hell it even made the news she had all kinds of internal bleeding and i think he was tried for attempted murder she was beat up so bad
Old 06-28-2006 | 09:45 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Ok,lots of people say the cops seized their weapons.,,so how many times do the cops stop you in your tiburon?????...me never....Just smoked one in front of a cop car for about 10kms on the hgwy yesterday, wasnt hiding it, ..they didnt care!? Do cops pulll you over a lot in the states????