Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Anyone a bartender or taken bartending classes?

Old 10-13-2010, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 turbo elantra
Default Anyone a bartender or taken bartending classes?

I was thinking about taking a class on how to be a bartender, to make some extra money at night or on the weekends. The only thing I know how to do pretty much is just pour a beer properly. Dont really know much about mixed drinks and cocktails. How hard is it to learn and whats it like in the classes or trying to find some place to hire someone with no experience?
Old 10-13-2010, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Tib I4

My sister took a class and got certified. It was for 8 weeks (1 night a week) and the classes were around 2 hours I think. She had no experience either and didnt know anything about making drinks. They taught her the basics like how to make martinis and stuff like that. After she graduated she found a job at some small dive bar working on Thursday nights. It wasnt much but she was able to learn and gain experience. She worked there for about 7 months and now bartends at a much busier bar on Fridays and Saturdays. She brings home good money too.

So I would say take the class, learn the basics, and find a job at some small local place. It will probably be an off night but its usually pretty easy to find jobs like that. When you learn more and become better at making drinks then apply at other places for weekend shifts. Plus if you're a cute girl its alot easier to get hired at a bar too.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ZGFYpCzfyE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ZGFYpCzfyE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>