Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Anti-virus: Any Suggestions?

Old 12-18-2008, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

You don't need virus protection... Just stop downloading everything under the sun and quit saying yes to everything that pops up....

I havn't used virus protection in 3 years and the only time I have a problem is when My sister gets on and installs zwinky....

This problem is solved by putting a password on your account and letting them use a guest account. Of course that relies on you remembering to log out. Or put a password on your screensaver or have it log out automatically on the screensaver return.....
Old 12-18-2008, 07:00 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^Just because you stopped downloading doesn't mean your not going to get a virus. Just the fact that a computer is connected to the internet all the time means you can possibly get one. If its not on the internet then I believe you but I bet if you ran a scan you would find something, maybe not malicious but something.

And as for Mac not getting virus's, that day will soon end. The fact that it seems everyone and there mother is getting a iMac, or MacBook these days means hackers and programmers will start creating virus' for mac. There are a few already out there, just not as many as for windows based platforms.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:38 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundia Tiburon

Macs do get viruses just not to the extent of PC. It all comes down to how the OS works, Windows you can touch and change basically everything with out it getting mad and yelling rape, Macs and Linux on the other hand need elevated permissions to change things in the root directory.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

And then look what happened when windows tried to implement something along those line. You now have Vistas UAC, which just pisses me off
Old 12-18-2008, 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

that takes less than .01 seconds to turn off.