Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Ab Machine

Old 01-09-2006 | 01:22 PM

whoa

thanx guys

Thats a lot of info..

Good thing i read this.

I Will be using some kind of machine for an increase in resistance but also a variation of crunches.

In addition,... i will be doing push ups.

Im also trying to get rid of the man boobies
lol

Cardio is something im already working on...

The diet is the hard part.. but im already cutting down on the fast food places and switching to more chicken and fish.

Liquids usually consist of either water, hawaiin punch, or gatorade. Thats it..

Wow thanx a lot for the info guys.
Old 01-09-2006 | 01:26 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Dude, if you've got man boobs, then thats why you cant see your abs. I gaurantee they'e fine the way they are as long as you lose weight. Remember, you can't reduce weight in a certain spot, it comes off where it wants.

Seriously, just try the ab-roller from Walmart or some sporting goods store. It's less than $10, so whadda ya got to lose?

If you're to cut anything out of your diet, cut the sodas!
Old 01-09-2006 | 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i wouldnt get a machine, but a lot of times it helps with people to assure them that they are doing the exercises right, so i guess its fine. just dont spend a lot of money on one.

a great way to loose weight, replace a burger with a couple apples. instead of steak, get a salmon fillet.

read this:
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?s...010cfe793cd____
Old 01-09-2006 | 02:25 PM

not a machine sorry,... i ment the ab roller thing Jon.

Ill pick it up from walmart.

To get rid of the man boobies it will take running, running, and more running.. Im aware of it. Im just going to also do push ups and try to speed up the process.

BTW guys im 5'8 and weigh 170.. so my man boobies eint THAT big..

Its just i have a large appetite, fast metabolism, and im on a downhill slope. Im 23 with a metabolism that is starting to slow down...

Plus.. i wanna get chicks
hahahahahahah

Im going to start this weekend.. hopefully ill stick to the new diet and strict work out.
Old 01-09-2006 | 02:28 PM

^^ don't do it for chicks mang.

The kind of girl that will only be interested in you because you have a 6-pack isn't worth your time bro.
Old 01-09-2006 | 02:41 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

no but the ones that REALLY like you would rather you have a six-pack than man boobies. Just like you'd rather the chick you truely love have a nice ass rather than back hair. dunno.gif ...

Screw running, it's the dumbest exercise, I hate to see people "speed walking" and "jogging" down the road when I am walking faster than they are. They look so dumb. Other than the respiratory system I don't think running does THAT much. Plus running is not a full body exercise.

I find swimming a great exercise, not just doing laps, I mean just screwin around with some friends at the pool. Anything you do really works all your muscles. Play basketball or volleyball in the pool.

And even better than screwing around in a pool, screwin around in a bed. No joke, sex is one of the best exercises I can think of. Plus it's enjoyable. =)
Old 01-09-2006 | 02:42 PM

QUOTE (ABQelantra @ Jan 9 2006, 06:41 PM)
stop drinking soda. drink tons of water. walk, run, or jog for atleast half an hour 4 or 5 days a week... oh and last but not least cruches 3 or 4 sets of 20 a night.

I think that's one of the best things I've seen is the stop drinking soda...people don't realize how bad soda really is, and water is just great in every way... Basically everything everyone said is right, the hardest thing is to either find the time to do it, or to be dedicated enough to do it...Some people who genetically just get them because they're naturally skinny don't quite get that, but it is a lot of work to stay in shape like that...Cardio workouts burn the fat that you have very well (I've found swimming is just awesome for that), and as far as crunches, Like Joshuwa said, you need a break...the best thing I found to do was to seperate the stomach muscle groups to do it properly. I would do upper abs and obliques the first day, then lower abs, then upper abs, then obliques and lower...it is very important to work each area and to space out when you do it. Another good point was that you need to use increased intensity workouts for your stomach, meaning you want to do hard crunches and hold for a second before releasing, and release slowly. Doing a hundred crunches won't do anything for you if you use momentum by swinging your legs back or something, do the crunches slowly because it forces proper exercise. And a huge part is changing exercises. You can exercise each group in tons of different ways, but you always want a different combo. Like one day that you do lower abs, you can do reverse crunches on an incline bench and leg lifts...but your next workout you want to do two different lower ab exercises like leg suspensions and hip thrusts...and watch what you eat...yea...my .02
Old 01-09-2006 | 02:45 PM

Im just trying to lose weight right now so Im doing something active everyday. Such as do DDR for 1.5 to 2 hrs or play lacrosse for 2 hrs. Ive lost about 8 lbs past 2-3 weeks. If u want to lose alot of weight this was my diet for wresling:

1 bowl oatmeal with soy powder
lunch maybe a lil weird but 1/4 lb of turkey
during a hard practice 2 hrs a gatorade and alot of water
dinner broccill (sp) and a meat such as salmon, chicken or pork something like that

did that for 2-3 months and lost 45 lbs

There alot of motivation when there weight classes and people supporting you. Good luck.

O yea forgot to add swimming is great during swim season I eat as much as I want (2 bowls of ic loads of gatorade etc) and still lose weight. But a practice is like 2.5 miles or so.
Old 01-09-2006 | 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Patreezy @ Jan 9 2006, 04:41 PM)
no but the ones that REALLY like you would rather you have a six-pack than man boobies. Just like you'd rather the chick you truely love have a nice ass rather than back hair. dunno.gif ...

Screw running, it's the dumbest exercise, I hate to see people "speed walking" and "jogging" down the road when I am walking faster than they are. They look so dumb. Other than the respiratory system I don't think running does THAT much. Plus running is not a full body exercise.

I find swimming a great exercise, not just doing laps, I mean just screwin around with some friends at the pool. Anything you do really works all your muscles. Play basketball or volleyball in the pool.

And even better than screwing around in a pool, screwin around in a bed. No joke, sex is one of the best exercises I can think of. Plus it's enjoyable. =)

you wont loose any weight swimming. its great cardio, and does work out your muscles a little(muscle endurance more). read this...
http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/...h/swimming.htm

jogging though is great for loosing weight, as long as you actually push yourself and dont trot around. air is a much worse heat exchanger than water, and so you sweat a bunch more. i was running 3.5 miles a day, and sprinting the final 100 yards. got my heart rate up to 193 (3+ beats per second...YEEYAHHH) and i was shedding measureable weight with no problems from my already semi-fit body. my fastest time was 24:10, about 7 minutes a mile. average was around 26 minutes. i just stopped because after 2 months of doing it EVERY day it got boring, and i had been through he songs on my mp3 player like 30 times.

another good thing about jogging is that unhealthy food you used to think was good now makes you almost want to be sick. jog yourself to near death for 2 weeks and then try eating that foot-long sub. aint gonna happen. fruit will be your new best friend. gala apples are really good, and give you tons of energy.

the only bad part is the soreness. i was pretty much always sore the next day, and had to start off jogging through a bit of pain before the muscles got stretched out. i probably should have stretched though before. also, its bad for your joints i hear.

definately give it a try though. jogging is an excellent stress reliever, and you think so clearly when you are doing it its amazing. ive worked out a couple girl problems in my head while jogging. wink1.gif
Old 01-09-2006 | 04:09 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Yeah, dieting is cool if you can stick to it long-term but a lot of people just aren't able to.

I would recommend something like Tae Kwon Do two or three times a week & maybe surfing as you live in California. I don't do either anymore due to work, stress & general laziness but when I did I was in the best shape ever & I didn't even need to try... I would still eat for two, drink for three & party hard fing02.gif