Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

9 Freaking Years!

Old 05-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Today, HA turned 9 years old! I still remember the day it started, when it was Team SR.org, before it became members only and then turning it all into Hyundai Aftermarket.

Some how Redz still has one of the top spots for posts over there (#5). *lol* Alot of great memories from over the years. So, I wanted to make this thread to not only saying Happy Birthday to HA, but to also ask everyone to go back in time, and post up what some of their best memories were on the forums (RDT, HP, HA, TSR, Fxtreme, T-H-C, HT, NT, KORE, etc...).

Here are some of mine in no specific order:

- Yuri always sticking up for KORE because Dan was constantly sick and could never deliver products
- The rise and demise of Shark Racing
- The rise and demise of HP
- MHP Tuning being the very first website to offer a CAI and Altezzas for the RD2
- The flame war between the NT guys and Red & Tony (Random) when they said the GK Delta couldnt go above 250 horses
- Bry & Eyescreams relentless flaming of n00bs on FxTreme
- RavDav having the first and only Targa Top Tib
- Rudy and yellow bumblebee Accent
- Speedstate being the very first company to offer indiglow gauges for the RD
- 3rd Gen Tib.org forum only lasting a few months due to NT taking over and killing their GK member base
- The asshat who sniped Hyundai Aftermarket.com from under me when it expired and him getting owned on the internet for doing it
- Tasos getting called out on HA by Red for claiming he got 190 horses N/A out of his RD
- Chris H having the very first supercharged RD
- Alpine being the very first company to offer public turbo & S/C kits for beta engines
- CNK stealing thousands and thousands of dollars from people for group buys, and the big lawsuit that came about afterwards
- The very first RDT forum and how basic it was in functionality
- Sean owning Hyundai Tuner and giving the Accent guys their own place on the internet, and then shutting down after a couple of years
- Raf & Onpol constantly breaking axels in PR due to having crazy power #'s on their RD's
- Red and Hyundai Project.com
- Team SR becoming Evo Fusion
- Zoe (Xorro) owning the UK Coupe Site
- Jaws and his endless times of breaking engines
- The big Vertical Doors debate by me versus the people who have them *lol*
- HP's HyperPerformance club

There are soooo many more memories from over the years. These just come to mind real quick. So lets hear it...what are some of your thoughts from the last 9-10 years of the Hyundai scene?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually I think we were saying 300HP for the V6's wink1.gif But it seems like I was wrong nevertheless 02.gif

Eyescream, Tom1492, Bry and I used to flame ourselves just for kicks and giggles.

Remember Kristof and his photoshop work?

I loved Jaws021 and his tireless issues with engines, electronics, pretty much anything automotive.

I had completely forgotten about Tasos and the mystical 190HP Tiburon until you mentioned it a few weeks back tongue.gif

I'm also one of the incredibly few people who got the RIGHT parts (and in a reasonable timeframe) from CNK. Lost of folks who bought 550cc injectors ended up getting 440cc; I had mine tested by RC Engineering to ensure they were right shortly thereafter.

I put together an "ashtray AFC" mod, where an Apexi AFC was wedged into the fold-out ashtray so you could hide it in style wink1.gif Quite a few people liked it and I even sold mine when I went Haltech. I can't remember to who now 02.gif

Where's Cheuk and all the cool shit he would post about the crazy stuff going on in Korea? The first 700+ dyno pulls?

I also remember when Brian O. (the chief fabricator from Libra Racing - the WRC Tiburon champs for multiple years) was a member. That was pretty awesome. He even wrote a thank you letter on my behalf to "Dan the Friendly Hyundai Tech" at my dealership for all the cool shit he had done for me and helped me with.

Good stuff smile.gif
Old 05-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Administrator

More:

Hey Red...remember this?

- Good ol James Fabin, and his work at Hyundai and then leaving to go work for Honda (what a douche)
- Guilty and his spontaneous rants about the weirdest stuff
- Guilty have the worlds first canti-lever suspension on his tib
- Yameneko (Brad) having an alpine s/c on his Elantra and it only running high 16's at the track...*LOL*
- Anyone remember HDK and them being worst then Shark Racing? *haha*
- The big dual throttle body debate and how everyone wanted it:

- Good ol Kristoff....here's some of his photochops from HA:

Old 05-29-2009, 11:18 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

man, I've been on rd forever and a lot of that even predates me being here. I signed up just shortly after rdt started. I was over on Newtiburon and someone mentioned in a pm or thread about rd starting up for the 97-01 tibs, I think that was fall of 2003. I've been here ever since. My two most memorable rd moments off the top of my head are probably the photo threads, particularity the redz photo shop thread with sponge bob and others. And secondly visiting cory's (tib_500) tiburon graveyard. I drove way out in the middle of no where without cell service, not sure if I was in the right spot. When I saw 4 tiburons in front of a house I knew I was in the right place.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Administrator

OH...and I gotta throw out some memories about the girls....

- Shyloh and her sick tib when she lived up in Alaska
- TC and all the stuff she's been through with her tib, and dont forget the infamous "dildo" pic....haha
- Khara and her show winning red tib
- Selina, and the other girls from RDT
- Anyone remember Dani? The insanely super hot bi-sexual chick from NYC who had a silver tib? *lol*
- What about Silkyspinz.....how many remember that crazy girl from Toronto?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

haha... wow

The memories that stick out to me are CNK stealing thousands of dollars and everybody always wanting Onpol IMs & TBs

it's sad, I doubt 90% of our members have any clue what that sentence refers to.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Administrator

I have Onpol's TB and IM on my tib! nana.gif
Old 05-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

oh snap! I'll give you $750 +s/h for them!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Thats a pretty good deal, considering I got them done by him for free, except for the cost of shipping them to PR and back. tongue.gif
Old 05-29-2009, 03:46 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

Raf and Onpol now run predator performance and are official dealers of AMS parts in PR. they are waiting for the GC launch in PR.