Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

2007 Rdtiburon Calendar Orders

Old 02-20-2007 | 08:23 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

looking good. too bad my photo turned out darker than how it looked on my computer.
Old 02-20-2007 | 08:51 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

got mine today, unfortunately sent to my parents house, so I gotta wait to see it 02.gif

how's my car look?!
Old 02-22-2007 | 12:59 AM
Banned

your car looks really nice and clean majik.

yah rd1tib, that really disappointed me about your car.. it looked AMAZING on my computer also, and then i saw it, still looked really nice but you couldn't see as much detail and the amazing colors..

next year they will be alot better.

EDIT: i am looking at places for next year, and i think i found a place.. its called yearbox.com

we can have up to 13 months. with 15 photos including the front and back cover.

they can print edge to edge, with NO margins.

they have a bunch of different calendar styles, which they match layout colors to the colors in the pics.

we can add as MANY custom dates and stuff as we want.

it looks like if we sell 50-74 itll be 19.00, and if we sell 75-100, itll be bumped down to 17.00$. thats all without shipping.. so next year, between 20-22$ shipped. but they should be much higher quality and more personalized.
Old 02-22-2007 | 08:19 AM
Administrator

Kodak also does calendars. I've had some of my wedding pictures blown up and shipped to me, and they were VERY high quality. 20x30 picture was $16 on sale.

haven't seen their calendars in person, but they ARE Kodak... they're into that picture stuff

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=9sb4de...1&y=-vmsjgq (my pictures) - signing up is free, just enter your email address and info and it logs you right in.

Kodak Info:
Choose from 12 exclusive Kodak designs and 6 exclusive Martha Stewart designs.
You have a choice of four different photo layouts for each month.
Add your own custom captions below each photo.
Calendars are printed on heavyweight, glossy cardstock that's easy to write on.
Calendars measure 10.25 x 15.6".
Calendars are twin-loop wire bound with a die-cut hole for hanging.

Pricing:
1-24 is $19.99 each
25+ is $13.99 each

ALSO---they run specials ALL the time. I got my 20x30 wedding picture for $16. Right now they have a President's Day sale, and you receive 20% off. I just went through the process, made an actual calendar using my wedding pictures, and went all the way to the payment option. It looks like you can easily add multiple recipients (so we can order in bulk, 25+ to get the discount, and Kodak will ship to the individual addresses). It takes 3-5 days to process the order, and shipping will take 3-10 days to be delivered.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=9sb4de...1&y=-vmsjgq (my pictures)

I did 35 Calendars - SubTotal: $489 (13.99 each)
Shipping was $71 total
Taxes - $47.75
Total - $609.05 (at 35 calendars is $17.50 shipped)

BUT WAIT!!! There's more....

Once I put in the 20% off coupon code (PRESIDENTPRINTS), it came down to $501.56! A savings of $97.93!
That makes it $14.33 each, SHIPPED.

-----------------------------------------------------
Edit: The only thing I'm not sure about is the discount. It's $13.99 if you order 25+ calendars, but I don't know if you still get the $6 discount if they're all being shipped to different places. That's something to look into. I would imagine they would still give you the discount. If somebody else wants to collect money (maybe phorq? if he's willing) and somebody else make all images perfect, the kodak thing seems really easy to do. You can zoom the image, rotate it, etc. after you place it on the calendar. You can choose a border color or pattern, and it has a cover you can design. You can put captions under every image, and put 3 images on one month (one big, two smaller to the side). All on glossy card stock. No rear cover I don't think, and no custom dates it seems.
Old 02-22-2007 | 08:29 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

im still waitin on mine, how are yall getting them days before me and u live in diffrent state than homie?
Old 02-22-2007 | 08:36 AM
Administrator

I live in Nashville, big city, mail goes quick. dunno.gif

I just checked into kodak again... it seems that if we have a TOTAL of 25+ calendars ordered, we can get the discount of $13.99 regardless of the number of shipments. It seems that they charge a little over $2 for shipping.

i did two addresses, 13 calendars each, and received the $13.99 price. Shipping was $27.##
So it seems that $16.50 +tax will be the cost for these calendars if you want to do that. It also means we don't have to rely on somebody else shipping them, and they can be done quickly online without any hassle.

I would suggest, to keep a separation of duties, we have one person collect money, and another place the order. I wouldn't mind placing the order and putting it on my credit card, as long as somebody sends me the money.
Old 02-22-2007 | 09:40 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I got mine yesterday, and despite the wait, I'm impressed on how good they look. YES, they could look better, but you get what you get sometimes. Next time we'll go elsewhere.

What really pisses me off is there are...

1. NO BIRTHDATES in it at all for us.
2. NO EVENT Dates in it that we listed.

None of the customization we were supposed to get is in them.

Anyone know why I got 2 calendars? I only "paid" for one.
Old 02-22-2007 | 09:47 AM

Guys I think you have forgotten me… I was the 1st to pay and I have not received my calendar yet… 02.gif
Old 02-22-2007 | 09:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Dude, you are in Greece. If we are just getting them showing up in the USA right now, do you think they have made it to Europe yet?

LOL
Old 02-22-2007 | 04:20 PM

I got mine early this week, and overall, I'm pretty satisfied. I like the quality of the print & the thickness of the paper is great. Good enough for a thumbs up from me. The little things that bugged me... I had to punch my own holes to hang it, and I would have liked a glossy finish. I figure that a lot of the important show dates have a lot of potential to change, so that didn't bother me that they weren't printed in there.

Let me know if anyone wants to run a group buy that will benefit or advertise for RDT, and I'd be glad to do the shopping cart. I'm currently working on a few things for the site... keychains, new shirt designs, and a couple other things... so let me know.