Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

2004 Election Party!!!

Old 11-03-2004 | 05:47 PM

Default Re: RGB Flash!!! ****Epilectic Seizure Warning***

I'm just glad it's over...Bush deserved to win and Kerry was very admirable in defeat by conceding and sparing the American public another Florida fiasco.
Old 11-03-2004 | 06:10 PM

Default Re: RGB Flash!!! ****Epilectic Seizure Warning***

bush needs to buy a tib
Old 11-03-2004 | 06:48 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: Wheel choice advice...

my first election and things couldn't have gone any better (in my eyes) laugh.gif

unfortunately, this guy is still a state senator of mine 02.gif

4 more glorious years!! laugh.gif
Old 11-03-2004 | 07:10 PM

Default Re: 1997-2001 Tiburon Gull Wing Doors

i think kerry did a VERY good job on his speech. i really apperciated that he told everyone that we need to unite as one america...it'll make the next four years better than they could be
Old 11-04-2004 | 02:57 AM

Default Re: Makeshift Show and Go

4. Amendment #4 to the NM constitution passed, and I'm STOKED. Check this out VETERANS. You are now exempt of property taxes in NM. Need a home?

Guess i am moving back to NM when I retire. That is awesome.
Old 11-04-2004 | 03:14 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Re: Wheel choice advice...

QUOTE (techcontib)
4. Amendment #4 to the NM constitution passed, and I'm STOKED. Check this out VETERANS. You are now exempt of property taxes in NM. Need a home?

Guess i am moving back to NM when I retire. That is awesome.

I HAVE to remember that and let my pops know, and I agree Bush buy a Tib dude!
Old 11-04-2004 | 03:49 AM

Default Re: 2004 Election Party!!!

I was just searching around Cnn. I notice Alaska had an ammendment to try and leagalize Mary Jane. They said No but it looked pretty close.lol Can you imagine alot of people would be moving to Alaska for the Summer. lol
Old 11-04-2004 | 06:36 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default Re: I can't access to this site from my home computer.

It's already legal up there for personal use. I think you have to be a percentage of native alaskan (Inuit, Aleutian, etc.).
Old 11-04-2004 | 07:33 AM

Default Re: Rear bucket seats

QUOTE (REDZMAN)
Doode, there's about a hundred political parties here in the US. Find the one you like here.

http://www.politics1.com/parties.htm

Let me rephrase then.. we need a third party that can compete with the big two. The closest we have to a third party right now with any sort of clout is Nader with his green party.. and he did not even get half a million votes!

Personally, I want to see what is going on in the Republican party now that Bush got re-elected. I listen to Nation Public radio because I like the balanced reporting they do... both sides of the spectrum are predicting a scism in the GOP because the moderates are tired of walking lockstep with the right wing christian conservatives...
Old 11-04-2004 | 08:44 AM

Default Re: HEADLIGHT warning signal?

QUOTE (cjme2002)
i think kerry did a VERY good job on his speech. i really apperciated that he told everyone that we need to unite as one america...it'll make the next four years better than they could be

its funny kerry said that.. because he has never voted that way....

people in america want america cleaned up. too many liberal changes have happened too fast in the recent history of our country. one of the being people not appeciating our people in uniform. maybe its because i have to be on a VERY liberal college campus these days but i hear people with negative attitudes towards not only the war, but our soldiers

QUOTE (cdogtibby1)
yea... but we have been goin into this in my history class lately... my teacher claims that the "checks and balances" thing is a bunch of crap. basically he claims that the branch with the upmost power is the legislative branch... the judicial branch has absolutely no control over anything really and the executive branch is like the pretty boys that do all the press bullshizz...

your teacher is a moron. tell him/her i said that. maybe he/she needs to take a civics class before making that comment. ask your teacher why the supreme court ruling of roe v wade or brown vs topeka board of education is so significant if courts had no power. Courts have plenty of power. not as much as they used to with mandatory sentencing being implemented but they still hold LOTS of power, especially state and federal supreme courts.
especially when ruling laws unconstitutional even after it has passed the legislative and executive branches.. in my opinion *if you want it* that makes it to most powerful branch of all because they can void any law at any time unless its an actual amendment to a constitution

the executive branch is important as well because a bill CANNOT become a law unless they exectutive branch ie. president/governor signs it. However it can become a law with a 2/3 majority vote by the legislative branch. But that is really hard to accomplish.

Sometimes I wonder if teachers are hurting our students more than helping them by giving out their political opinions rather than stating fact. If one of my college professor's said that.. especially a HISTORY teacher acting like a poli sci teacher.. Id tear them up and make them look ignorant in front of the class.