Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

10 Obscure/odd Facts About Yourself

Old 05-08-2007 | 10:58 AM

Vehicle: car

^^ You forgot number 8 nana.gif

1.) I am a perfectionist and OCD about everything
2.) Chewing with your mouth open makes me want to stab you with my fork
3.) I don't brag about things I do with my car, but I do with almost anything else. When I get nervous I get arrogant. Something about mah tibby makes me modest.
4.) Uncooked celery makes me gag even though I can look at my own broken and hurt parts like its no biggie, odd things gross me out. lol
5.) I am unlike both of my parents, but I am indenticle to my brother and my Uncle John.
6.) I too love to cook
7.) I never fit in anywhere, always the odd man out. Every year of high school I've changed images. Punk/Skater > Hippie/Stoner Looking(hair past shoulders) > Rocker/Prep > Prep/Euro
8.) My last name was shortened after my great grandfather came from Russia to the U.S. before the war.
9.) I haven't used my locker in High School for two years, I leave my books at home, and I still BS my way through class pulling A's and B's
10.) I have a fake front tooth, but even if you knew that, you wouldn't be able to tell. Just a fun fact, I've broken it twice on beef jerkey, once off of ceramic tile, once off of my brothers skull, once off a bed post, and once off a knee board. My mouth is very expensive. smile.gif
Old 05-08-2007 | 12:37 PM

Vehicle: 1992 Honda Accord EX

1.) I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Especially when I'm typing.

2.) My full first name in Jon-Michael. I don't have a middle name.

3.) Chocolate and light caffeine put me to sleep. Only large quantities keep me awake.

4.) I have smoked cigarettes since I was 17. Quit for 7 months until someone pissed me off.

5.) I lost my high metabolism when I turned 13. I've fattened up purty good since. LOL

6.) My mom's side of the family hails from Puerto Rico. My dad's hails from Michigan.

7.) I dropped out of high school with one credit left. Got my GED later on.

8.) I have had a few dates here and there but I haven't had a relationship since 2001.

9.) I drive like a bat out of hell. Not necessarily like I stole it, but a little more controlled. Nothing more than 130mph

10.) I have a short fuse. I'm a redhead so it figures.
Old 05-08-2007 | 06:28 PM

10. My first name, Rachael, comes from a headstone in the family graveyard that my mom rested on when she went on her pregnant-with-me walks. My middle name, Evelyn, is from my mom's then best friend. We let my grandparents believe that I'm named only after my great-great aunt, since her name was Rachael Evelyn, too.

9. Supposedly, my great-great aunt Rachael buried money somewhere on the family land where she lived, and my great aunts and uncles and grandparents have had problems with treasure hunters from out-of-town(as far as NY) poking around without permission.

8. I used to love country music when I was a little girl, but I try not to listen to it any more because most of the songs tend to make me cry. I stick with just about anything else but jazz, especially rock & metal. I can't live without music.

7. I LOVE to come up with recipes and try them out on people. I see my creations as edible art to be shared!

6. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer when I was 13. Doctor's removed a malignant tumor the size of regulation basketball from my left abdomen. You couldn't tell it was there from the outside. The doctor's here didn't expect me to live, so they sent me to DUMC to die.

5. I don't have the two teeth that are on either side of the front teeth. Just wasn't born with them up there. I'm not snaggle-toothed, though.

4. I've never done illegal drugs or even smoked a cigarette. I'm not a drinker, either.

3. Most of my close friends are guys. I only have 2 chicks that I hang out with regularly.

2. I collect antique books that are printed in foreign languages. German and Russian are my favorite

1. I am obsessed with Danny Elfman's scores and Tim Burton's films. My Nightmare Before Christmas seatbelt covers and purse got me out of a ticket for speeding. 65 in a 45. I need to watch my speed.
Old 05-08-2007 | 08:33 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

QUOTE (BlizagaXx @ May 9 2007, 02:58 AM)
5.) I am unlike both of my parents, but I am indenticle to my brother and my Uncle John.

Uncle, as in your mum's brother? Or your dad's brother? If you look like your dad's brother, maybe you should start calling him "dad", lol. j/k

QUOTE (NBCTibby @ May 9 2007, 10:28 AM)
6. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer when I was 13. Doctor's removed a malignant tumor the size of regulation basketball from my left abdomen. You couldn't tell it was there from the outside. The doctor's here didn't expect me to live, so they sent me to DUMC to die.

Fvck me dead! That's pretty full-on.

How could you not notice something the size of a basketball though? Or did you mean baseball?
Old 05-09-2007 | 09:12 AM

QUOTE (OzFxCoupe @ May 8 2007, 10:33 PM)
Fvck me dead! That's pretty full-on.
How could you not notice something the size of a basketball though? Or did you mean baseball?

Nope, I meant basketball. I noticed it, trust me. It started out where it hurt to run and grew to the point I couldn't walk without wanting to cry and I had to lay a certain way to sleep. You couldn't SEE it from the outside. I didn't notice any difference until I was laying on the table at the 2nd doctors office. then i could see a very small rise on the left side of my lower abdomen. I pointed it out and I was whisked away for tests. WEEE!
Old 05-10-2007 | 12:23 AM

10. I was born in California, lived most of my life in Virginia, and currently live in Oklahoma

9. I was born with a bilateral cleft lip and palate (worst possible case) and like NBCTibby don't have the teeth on either side of my two front which was due to the cleft. I've also had over 23 surguries with the first being before I was 1 and the last being last summer. Still more to come soon mad.gif

8. Also like NBCTIbby, I love Nightmare Before Christmas (I'm guessing the NBC stands for that) and Tim Burton is the shit.

7. I've been with the same girl since I was 17 and I'm 22 now so that's what, 5 years with her?

6. I'm mixed half white half black but people think I'm puerto rican when they first meet me for some reason.

5. I'm over 6 feet tall but under 155lbs and I eat ridiculous amounts of food ( I love to eat!). I cannot gain weight (I've tried).My metabolism runs at the speed of light.

4. I'm a people pleaser and it constantly burns me out. Yet I still do it cause making others happy makes me happy.

3. I don't wanna grow up I'm a toys r us kid.

2. I started saving for my first car when i was 11. Then I bought a 96 acura legend type 2 six speed (Hence my name type2ac) which was the absolute sweetest ride ever. Had 6speed when only high end cars had em and had roll down rear windows on the coupe and it had those "vacuum" seal doors that shut themselves. Damn I want another one.

1. I have a 3rd degree black belt in Hwar do which is a combination martial Art.

0. I was diagnosed with ADD at the age of 20

Just thought I'd throw an extra one in there. Now you all know a little about me.
Old 05-11-2007 | 03:21 PM

QUOTE (type2ac @ May 10 2007, 02:23 AM)
9. I was born with a bilateral cleft lip and palate (worst possible case) and like NBCTibby don't have the teeth on either side of my two front which was due to the cleft. I've also had over 23 surguries with the first being before I was 1 and the last being last summer. Still more to come soon mad.gif

8. Also like NBCTIbby, I love Nightmare Before Christmas (I'm guessing the NBC stands for that) and Tim Burton is the shit.

I look like I have vampire teeth! Kinda cool.
and yeah, that's what NBC stands for
Old 05-11-2007 | 05:23 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

-When waiting in line with change in hand, I arrange them in order of size with all heads facing up and forwards. rolleyes.gif

-Give me a line-up of women of your choice and I will tell you which ones smoke cigarettes.

-I have 54 unpaid registration violations from campus security.

-I walk the "proper line" while grocery shopping and arrange the items in the cart so it is properly balanced.

-I've been around the sun 19 times

-When people ask me how I got my scar on my arm I tell them I was peeling an orange.
(enlarge this photo to see it ..sorta. right forearm, 4.5" long, 33 stiches, commonly mistaken as a suicide attempt).

-I got caught snooping around inside one of the Navy's brand new CV-22 Osprey's (tilt-rotors) and had a stern talking to about what I saw. (it made an unplanned landing at my local airport and I was working inside the only hangar it would fit in)

-I "lost it" to two girls in one night (seperate occasions), drunk off Smirnoff Ice. Apparently the second was better because I have been dating her for the past 3 years.

-I am not allowed back in Oregon
Old 05-11-2007 | 07:32 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

1. I had a 6 pack of coors light expire in my refridgerator this December. (past drink by date)

2. I am in a love/hate relationship with my car. I love to work on it, but I hate how much time I spend on it.

3. I'm an army guy with about 1/3 my 8 years in service spent in the field(training and deployed).

4. I hate the army

5. I'm extremely cocky about my skills as an electronics tech. If someone tries to assist without me asking, I'll most likely end up getting pissed at them... wish I could change that.

6. I smoke a pack or more a day for the last 11 years.

7. I dont drive my tib naked often.

8. There are 27 hairs on my big toe. that's 4 more then average.

9. I think knowledge should be free as well as software and music.

10. I'm not even slightly business minded. I've been presented with many great business opportunities, but shyed away because of the extra commitments involved.
Old 05-14-2007 | 02:10 PM

From: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.

1. I`m colorblind, not totally black and white (thats very rare), I`m told its like messing with the color, tint, and contrast with your TV

2. I have webbed fingers and toes, I can swim really good

3. I live like a normal college student should, messy and unkempt

4. I try to dress nice, polos and stuff

5. I have over 400 video games last time i counted, that was 3 years ago

6. Addicted to anime and magna

7. Trying to learn the electric guitar, not doin so well

8. Love asian food

9. Hate coconut and cool whip

10. Not a huge beer fan but I`ll drink it since its cheap, rather have the hard stuff (Tattoo and coke is the best drink ever!)