Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

10 Obscure/odd Facts About Yourself

Old 05-06-2007 | 01:29 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

1. I have anxiety and OCD to the extreme. I cant stop a job until it's done.. I sometimes think that's a good thing.

2. I'm not a fan of boobs, I prefer bums.

3. I shout when I am scared or upset, never when I am angry. People think I get angry sometimes but dont understand it's because I am upset.

4. I am obsessed with my car working properly with no flaws at all, probably due to my OCD. If I get a check engine light I wont rest or sleep until it's out.

5. Whilst being incredibly independant and solitary I do love the company of my friends. But sometimes I just want to leave.. So Ill get somewhere and within moments will turn around and leave again lol.

6. I am obsessed with South Park and cannot usually sleep very well unless I have it on the TV (dvd likes, I have all 9 seasons released on dvd) or the simpsons.
I cannot sleep AT ALL without the TV and a light on.

7. I care too much about other people and it gets me burned all the time, yet, I keep being who I am hoping to find others the same, and I think with OTEC I have met them

8. I crave the UK all the time but dont want to go back. And I dont even know why.

9. I am *petrified* of flying. Before 911 I did it and gripped the seat rests for 8 hours straight sipping water. I did not get up out of my seat and took a 2 minute piss when I landed in Phila. After 911 I cannot fly at all, even being near a plane makes me shake and nervous. So much so that I dumped $5000 on the QE2 transatlantic to get myself and my now EX wife over here safely 2 weeks after 911.

10. I was born on January 25th. A month sooner and my mother jokes that I would have been called santa or jesus. Knowing my mother I wouldnt put it past her lmao. I wasnt born naturally I was a C section, and I was late. I always wonder if she would have called me something mad like that hehe..
I was named after St Andrew and *HATED* being called Andy before I got to the USA. I would get really pissed if anyone called me Andy prior to being here.
Old 05-06-2007 | 02:44 PM

To keep it in a similar order:

1: I am a perfectionist, while not as extreme as OCD, things do bother the shit out of me if I do not do them right.

2: I like a nice small waist, as I have a thing for asian girls, boobs should be small too.

3: I very rarely get angry.. I think once every 10 years

4: I usually leave something broken on every car, this keeps the problems from migrating as I fix them

5: I tend to be a loner, I have had my heart broken too many times to want to chance it again. Being a Romantic, when I fall in love, it is a deep felt love that never goes away, even if the girl does.

6: I need silence and darkness to sleep. I am a very light sleeper and even my own snoring will wake me (thankfully I only do that when totally exhausted)

7: I am also a helper.. but also a teacher. I would prefer to sit back and show and tell somebody how to do something.

8: Only other country I have been to us Canada. I would love to travel, but I work too much.

9: I LOVE flying, I prefer to sit right infront of the wing so I can see both the ground and what the engines and wings are doing.

10: If I had been born a girl, my name would have been caitlin
Old 05-06-2007 | 03:39 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

01 - I'm allergic to chocolate. Anything with a decent percentage of cocoa. I became allergic to it suddenly when I was ~18, so I already know what i'm missing. 02.gif

02 - I'm not a womanizer at all. When i'm dating, I give her my absolute attention. There's truly noone else on my mind.

03 - I don't like being around groups of people. I'm a bit insecure and don't know how to act.

04 - I'm addicted to collections. I basically just have a need to keep my bookshelves full. Whether it's books, games, movies, anime, whatever.

05 - I've lived in several large cities throughout western Canada, and i've visited a few places in USA and Mexico. I feel like no matter where you go, you meet the same general types of people, and every place in the world has a Walmart. It's depressing.

06 - I bought my first house when I was 21, and I sometimes feel like i'm living in my 30s.

07 - My dream car is a carrera 4.

08 - If I could have anything in the world, it would be lots and lots of money.

09 - I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. 02.gif

10 - My favorite number is 5.
Old 05-06-2007 | 05:09 PM

1. I guess I'm a perfectionist... Why do something if you can't do it right.

2. I have never been on an actual date. Not that I haven't pursued several relationships. They just didn't get to the official date.

3. Anger? What's that? lol nah, I get angry it just takes a LOT to bother me.

4. I get up at 4:30 A.M. three days a week to workout. Some people call me crazy and others obsessed... I call it discipline.

5. Terrified of speaking in front of crowds.

6. I like a nice mix of some peace and quiet and fun. Not really into partying hard.

7. I've never been out of the U.S.

8. I'm an adrenaline junky with in reason. I.E. I like to rock climb but wouldn't bungee jump or parachute.

9. I'm one of the only people who I know that actually spends two hours studying for every hour in class and then some.

10. My mom was born May 19th at 8:23 A.M. I was born May 19th at 8:23 P.M. on her 30th birthday
Old 05-06-2007 | 09:40 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

1. I too am a perfectionist... which is why I don't bother doing things that won't come out perfect. It also saves me from having to do certain things. lol.

2. I seldom get to sleep before 1am & having the TV or music on usually helps me sleep... but I don't need to be up until 8-8.30am as work only starts at 10am smile.gif

3. I spend - on average - 3 nights a week in someone elses bed or on a mate's couch/spare bed.

4. I have an IQ of 152... but you'd never know it unless you really got to know me... & even then, I still reckon I fluked the test.

5. I have 5 points (out of 12) left on my license. Any speeding/seatbelt/mobile phone infringement now loses a minimum of 3 points. That's doubled to 6 points every holiday period & every long-weekend.

6. My dad is 79 this year. Mum will be 52. Mum's dad is 80. Mum's mum would be 69 (RIP). My step-dad is 68. My mum's step-mum is 53. A year separates my dad & granddad. A year separates my grandmother & step-dad. A year separates my step-grandmother & my mum. With any luck, when I'm an old dude my second wife will only just be older than my 20-something-year-old son or daughter smile.gif

7. I like pineapple but can't stand it on Pizza. I also dislike capers... on anything. I don't mind pickles & gherkins but I'll refuse to eat them in a burger from Macca's.

8. I have been on lots of dates with quite a few girls. I always pay for drinks, food & anything else when on dates... whether or not I can even really afford it. It's just how I was raised.

9. I am pretty confident regardless of the people I'm around (friends, strangers, guys, girls, etc...). Some people think that I'm arrogant & full of myself. I tend to agree with those people wink1.gif

10. I'm useless with my money & am unable to save any of it. Regardless of how much I earn for the week (I make base + commission but average around 75K for the year), I pay necessary bills/credit cards/rent/etc.. then pretty much spend the rest that week on beer/wine/eating out/bars/clubbing/clothes/car/entertainment/etc... I also have a considerable amount of credit card debt 02.gif
Old 05-06-2007 | 10:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (OzFxCoupe @ May 6 2007, 11:40 PM)
Some people think that I'm arrogant & full of myself. I tend to agree with those people wink1.gif

that is pure gold. going in the sig.
Old 05-06-2007 | 10:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

1 through 10, I think way too much for my own (and other peoples') good.
Old 05-07-2007 | 06:38 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

1.I'm a fashion freak lol i have waaaay to many shoes and clothing. i could wear a different pair of jeans for a month and still have some left on the closet. crazy.gif

2. I go out every weekend, but im not a very good dancer, thats until i have a couple of drinks and then i'll own the dance floor. haha.gif
3. i work nights and i like it.

4. I have an IQ of 144 and i dont like im that bight. im very good remembering names, faces, places, dates and random stuff but i cant remember my own home phone. owned.gif

5. I am not a leader nor a follower, I'm the mastermind behind the conspiracy. in other words im the one that proposes something and never get the credit.

6. I'm youngest of my family and my sisters and me are 2 years and 2 months apart from each others.

7. 3 out of 5 times i get pulled over i get searched hahaha and probably 2 out of 5 times im at the club, some stranger ask me if i have "some" refering at drugs and i dont even smoke cigs. i guess people judge others by looks. mad.gif

8. I live with roomates and I'm so effin tired of them, lol my nearest relative lives 2,500 miles away.

9. I am shy if i dont now the people around me, yet im totally the oposite around friends

10. i dont have credit cards!!! wooot lol
Old 05-07-2007 | 07:12 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

1. I turn 30 on Thursday, but everyone thinks Im in my early 20's still.

2. I'm a minitrucker by heart and learned most of my knowledge about customizing vehicles through the MT community.

3. I've been dancing for many many years as a Breakdancer and in Pop & Lock styles.

4. I've been in the music scene for many many years as a DJ.

5. I was born in Southern California and still have that style of personality to this day even though NY is my home.

6. I've been in the Hyundai scene since the very beginning of T-H-C (who remembers James Fabin), FxTreme, TSR, KORE, HT, and some of the other old skool sites.

7. I'm the middle child with 2 sisters.

8. I have an extremely large hoodie collection (over 150 hoodies in total)

9. I follow the stock market aggressively and have an extensive stock portfolio which will help me plan a retirement at the age of 45.

10. I'm the type of person that will ALWAYS put other people ahead of myself...even those who probably dont deserve it alot of times.
Old 05-07-2007 | 09:33 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ May 6 2007, 02:44 PM)
5: I tend to be a loner, I have had my heart broken too many times to want to chance it again. Being a Romantic, when I fall in love, it is a deep felt love that never goes away, even if the girl does.

TBH Art I think women move on alot quicker and easier than men do. I think us men, whilst ignorant and erm, manly, tend to be in love alot deeper than women.

7: I am also a helper.. but also a teacher. I would prefer to sit back and show and tell somebody how to do something. .

That's the way I was taught.. After my father died my bedroom wasnt decorated for about 12 years, and it showed.. So I asked my uncle if he would help me decorate, he said "sure"

Two days later I came home and there was paint, dropcloths and all manner of items in the hallway, I asked my mother what it was for and she said "call your uncle", so I did.

He said "get going, if you have any trouble call me" I painted the entire room perfectly... Walls, ceiling and baseboards. I was amazed... Since then everything I do is self taught and with the 'learn as you go' mentality. I seldom fail but dont ever really get anything perfect. I can, however, do anything I set my mind to. I cant explain how much I love my uncle for that.

8: Only other country I have been to us Canada. I would love to travel, but I work too much.

To quote Avvi from Snatch "Yeah, DONT go to England" lmao.

10: If I had been born a girl, my name would have been caitlin

Never met any 'real' Caitlins. It's very popular in Australia tho smile.gif