Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Zex Question PLEASE HELP!

Old 05-02-2002, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zex Question PLEASE HELP!

can anyone tell me if you have to "program" the zex kit. i lost my install book and downloaded one from zex but im pretty sure that the one i got in the kit and the one i downloaded were a little different. i could swear i saw a part in the book that called for programming the unit. if anyone has this info could they PLEASE post the instructions
Old 05-02-2002, 11:03 AM

Ok, one of the moderators... his name is Brendan... click on his name, and go to his homepage... he has EVERYTHING you'll need to know about NOS and installing it. smile.gif

~Drew
Old 05-05-2002, 05:27 PM

Yes, you have to program it. What you do is flick the switch on (car ignition snould be on the "on" position but not running)and push the black button on the NMU. Go back inside the car and push on the throttle (100% WOT) for 10 seconds. At this time the light on the NMU should be flicking red-green-red-green.... Go back in the car and switch off the nitrous switch and switch it back on. The light on the NMU should be a constant green. Your nitrous NMU has now been programmed. Go in the car and push on the throttle (WOT); You should hear the NMU click. I wrote this off head so if there's any ommision please correct.
Old 05-05-2002, 06:53 PM

diambo4life:
Yes, you have to program it. What you do is flick the switch on (car ignition snould be on the "on" position but not running)and push the black button on the NMU. Go back inside the car and push on the throttle (100% WOT) for 10 seconds. At this time the light on the NMU should be flicking red-green-red-green.... Go back in the car and switch off the nitrous sitch and switch it back on. The light on the NMU should be a constant green. Your nitrous NMU has now been programmed. Go in the car and push on the throttle (WOT); You should hear the NMU click. I wrote this off head so if there's any ommision please correct.
sorry dude,... but red light? green light???

The zex kit does not have to be programed.

Just install it,... make sure the hoses are correctly installed and are VERY TIGHT,... especially the ones dealing with FUEL

Once you flip the switch you must be on full throttle in order for it to spray

Just remember to stay between 3000-6500RPM

Be safe wink
Old 05-06-2002, 10:51 AM

damn better get a tach installed ...lol
Old 05-06-2002, 02:43 PM

JAWS 021
sorry dude,... but red light? green light???

The zex kit does not have to be programed.

Just install it,... make sure the hoses are correctly installed and are VERY TIGHT,... especially the ones dealing with FUEL

Once you flip the switch you must be on full throttle in order for it to spray

Just remember to stay between 3000-6500RPM

Be safe wink [/QB]

Hey, I did not dream and put down those notes. I read the install instructions that came with my kit and it said as I stated. If he wants to program it or not that's his funeral, I was just answering dc1238's question "dude!"
Old 05-06-2002, 02:45 PM

diambo4life:
Yes, you have to program it. What you do is flick the switch on (car ignition snould be on the "on" position but not running)and push the black button on the NMU. Go back inside the car and push on the throttle (100% WOT) for 10 seconds. At this time the light on the NMU should be flicking red-green-red-green.... Go back in the car and switch off the nitrous switch and switch it back on. The light on the NMU should be a constant green. Your nitrous NMU has now been programmed. Go in the car and push on the throttle (WOT); You should hear the NMU click. I wrote this off head so if there's any ommision please correct.
Old 05-06-2002, 03:05 PM

LISTEN MAN!!!!!!!!

My kit did not even come with lights,... hence the "green light? red light?" question

My kit is not programmed and it does not need to be,...

My kit has been up and running for approximately 3 months,... no problems

If you kit has "lights" then its a completely different kit
He specified that he had a zex kit and he was wondering if it had to be programmed,... which to my knowledge it doesnt have to be.

Why dont you explain the purpose of the lights and its functions so that the other 95% of the members here who have the traditional kit can know about this one

If you look at brendans site,... his doesnt include a program section either

alright DUDE!
Old 05-07-2002, 04:18 PM

Whatever.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:25 PM

bite me!

no really,... tell us about the kit

Im not saying that your lying,...

If im wrong,... correct me so i can help the next guy

we are all here to help,... the reason i acted like a prick was because of the "dude"

but anyways,... whats up with the kit that you have?