Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

which wire to tap onto

Old 11-14-2002, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW which wire was it? 3rd wire? is that the one closest to the ground... or the one closest to the hood?
Sorry its just for future refrence.. i dont know why i keep thinking its the middle wire

now for the leak
ok....

having is leak is not a good idea... thats valueble nitrous that can make you go zoom zoom zoom....

Thats like spilling beer on purpose...

Ok... heres how to check it
Have everything hooked up

open the bottle...

check all the connections before the solenoid... the pressure should cause a leak

if theres no leak... then it could be 1 of 2 places

theres only 2 connections after the solenoid... thats the beginning on the line going to the elbow and the end of the line connecting to the nozzle

Once again have a buddy hold it (the line that is)
lol

and check

You might also want to get some soapy water (water+dishwasher liquid)

spray it on the connections.. drive around the block and spray... then come back and check

If thers a leak... usually it will cause bubbling

When you spray... you do hear a hiss.... this is normal
(i miss that hiss sad.gif )

Well let me know man

Make sure you have the nozzles right and if you dont have an upgraded fuel pump.. stick to a 55 shot

ill have an eclipse fuel pump for sale soon... so hit me up in a couple of weeks if interested

Good luck man...

You might want to pick on accord first... they always loose
It will make you look so much faster
BUAHAHAHAH
tongue.gif
[waits for an accord troll]
Old 11-14-2002, 09:53 PM

You definitely have to use some sort of thread tape or sealant to make sure the connections stay good. Some of the auto parts stores sell it... Lowe’s and Home Depot definitely sell it.

Spatch!

[ November 15, 2002, 04:54 AM: Message edited by: Spatch359 ]
Old 11-15-2002, 07:12 AM

Do not use any thread tape(teflon tape) on you nitrous lines, most of them are not pipe thread. They say not to use it cause if a small peice of the tape get's loose into the nitrous line it can bind up the seliniod or block your nitrous jet. Even the liquid and paste sealers can cause the same problems.
Old 11-15-2002, 10:07 AM

If you go to the Nitrous Express home page and check out their installation guide on a '01 Honda Civic, it says to use thread sealer, but makes no mention of a type. The teflon tape would be easiest (as far as I can see), and if done "right" then it shouldn't give any problems at all.

Spatch!
Old 11-15-2002, 02:16 PM
arn

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I got it right. I used the blue wire to tap onto. I turned on the ignition and wot it. the solenoid clicked and it sprayed. Called Zex about the leak and they said that it's just the valve in the solenoid not seated yet. They suggested to spray a bit more to have a proper seat. The cars idle is steady and don't seem to have any leaks from the NO2. I ran the car just a few hours ago and seem to be running right. I'm just a bit disappointed since I didn't really feel the pull that much. I didn't even hear the hiss. the purge kit is awesome though. The look on someones face when they see and hear it go off. I thought that I bounce of the redline when spraying earlier. But I think it was just from shifting changing gears. I think I'm hooked....

Jaws, is it hard to install a new fuel pump. If I change the fuel pump, then do I need to change the fuel regulator? Will there be any problem due to more fuel is being pump out to the regulator?

again, THANKS
Old 11-15-2002, 07:18 PM

arn:
What size shot are you using??

Spatch!
Old 11-16-2002, 05:02 PM

ive always used thread sealent....

TO install a pump is rather easy... if you go with an eclipse pump... no

if you go with the walbro... your fuel pressure will be TOO high during normal driving
Old 11-19-2002, 11:47 AM
arn

spatch:

I'm just using the 55 shots. Just want to be safe until I get a new fuel pump and regulator. header is next months project.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:12 AM

lol, yeah the walbro is FAR too high, when i had it installed i blew out my CAT due to the 60-70psi of fuel pressure. If you get a walbro then you need a FPR