Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

why is nitrousconsidered cheating?

Old 08-26-2002, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehe true that red....im lookin at 225 hp with my direct port ill proboly break my engine lol
Old 08-26-2002, 01:24 PM

yea maybe your piston if you dont use a progressive setup
wink
Old 08-26-2002, 05:38 PM

I think that the reason it got the "cheating" label is because N20 systems have been used to cheat.. be it street drags where you lie to the competition about it or NASCAR.

It doesn't help that some of the systems out there are named "cheater" or "sneaky pete".
Old 08-27-2002, 01:31 AM

i've never heard of anyone in nascar using it. I'm not saying they didn't but if you fogg it at 8k your motor is done. That's all i'm saying. they run those motors at 7-9k constantly.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:40 AM
Red

Solo-Baric:
but if you fogg it at 8k your motor is done. That's all i'm saying. they run those motors at 7-9k constantly.
Why would RPM's have anything to do with it? If you're running a turbocharger, do you instantly stop boosting at 8K? Especially if you have a 10K revlimiter?

Nitrous works at ALL RPM's, not just low ones. The only thing to beware of regarding nitrous and RPM's is bouncing the revlimiter while spraying -- it can cause a nitrous backfire.

Otherwise, if your motor spins to 14,000 RPM's reliably, then spray until 13,500 and you're fine.
Old 08-27-2002, 09:58 AM

Solo-Baric:
i've never heard of anyone in nascar using it.
In the old days, before they started tearing apart the winner's cars... nitrous cheating was done quite often... remember these engines hp is usually limited by the cfms the carbs can take in.. restrictor plates... nothing better than adding some liquid cfms.

Didn't someone recently get caught?
Old 08-27-2002, 03:10 PM

Red:
With traction, that should be good enough to scratch into the 13's... But since we like our differentials in ONE piece, I guess we'll not worry about it

I still don't see how Nitrous is any "less" of a power adder than anything else. Why is it not a TRUE system? Because you have to fill it? Do you NOT fill your car with gasoline?
I believe the reason its considered "ceathing" is because its not an always on system.

As you said, you fill gas in you tank, but you are always using that gas, being to the fast food stop, the street race and the track.

NOS is off and on. You may only shoot at the track.

Were as a TURBO and a S/C are as well alwasy on. You have that power going to the market and then to the race track and so on.

They call it "cheater" cause its not a permanent addon. Its like. You make the best strawberry icecream in the world. And you were in a contest, and you put sprinkles on it to win the contest.

NOS is like the Sprinkles.

Its not always on.

Were as the other guy has some good strawberry icecream, and he decided to put nice chunk of strawberries in it.

Well, since he now only sells it that way, and he goes to the contenst, its would not be..cheating.

Maybe that was not a good analogy....I am hungry...
Old 08-27-2002, 03:21 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX - now 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

It's probably considered cheating because it doesn't involve rotating mechanical parts and pushing air into the manifold...
Instead, we spray this liquid ice into our engines... tongue.gif
The people who are the ones to call it cheating are usually the ones who have gotten taken by someone using nitrous anyway.
I say spray and let them pray...

by the way...NOS is a brand
Old 08-27-2002, 03:22 PM

well why would you need to stray at 7k beacuse that is when the engine redlines. You also must remember the motors are only made to run 600-700 miles. So spray at 7k would kill that motor. But if they would use it right they would only spray once. but oh well.
Old 08-28-2002, 05:34 AM

Josh:
It's probably considered cheating because it doesn't involve rotating mechanical parts and pushing air into the manifold...
Instead, we spray this liquid ice into our engines... :p
The people who are the ones to call it cheating are usually the ones who have gotten taken by someone using nitrous anyway.
I say spray and let them pray...

by the way...NOS is a brand
Yeah I know NOS is a brand name, but its just what I am use to calling it.