Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

nitrous noob question

Old 03-04-2003, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default nitrous noob question

i'm looking at getting nitrous for my car and was just wondering how long it sprays for once u hit the botton...i know they have window switches that i can hook up that it will spray after the pedal goes so far but if its just hooked to a button how long would it spray for or how hard is a window switch to hook up
Old 03-09-2003, 02:05 AM

First off, just in case, You should only spray at WOT (wide open throttle), hence the need for a throttle switch. You can spray as long as you have enough NO2 in your bottle and your WOT switch is closed.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:25 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

alrite i was thinking bout that but i was more thinking like if i wanna race if i can turn the switch while in still at the line so then it will spray at wot in 1st gear
Old 03-09-2003, 10:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

First off, you should NOT spray as long as want. You should only spray for 10-15 seconds at a time and not back to back. You need to let your engine cool before running again. This is because your temps rise while spraying. The most often thing to go wrong in this case would be the plugs literally melting and the peices would then damage your cylinder walls. suicide

You can spray in first as long as you don't press the pedal all the way down until you hit about 3k rpms. I have perfected my spray launch by knowing exactly when the pedal hits that microswitch and then pressing down a bit further to spray. The other option is to get a window switch which is computer controlled by your rpm signal.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX - now 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

1. Most of the basic kits do not come with a timer. They usually spray when you are at wot. You're probably thinking about the setup like in fast/furious.

2. Window switches are not operated by your throttle position. It's set to a range of your rpm....(rpm window). Although you're in that range, your nitrous should still not activate unless if you're at wide throttle. The window switch just allows you to floor it off the line and it will automatically switch on the nitrous for you at your desired rpm and off when you hit the peak set rpm.

3. I suggest reading up more on nitrous. It's a lot of fun, but can cause a lot of damage if not done properly.
Here... I did some of your homework for you:
click the following link

Nitrous FAQ

good luck and enjoy!