Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

nitrous controllers

Old 07-21-2002, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous controllers

With the ZEX kit can you use either the MSD Window Switch or the Crane Cams Digital nitrous controller?
Old 07-21-2002, 01:19 PM

yes you can use either

if you go with the crane cams let me know and i will help with wiring
Old 07-22-2002, 05:58 AM

Thanks i will probably be going with that one. I'll let you know if i have any questions on how to install it.
Old 07-22-2002, 03:33 PM

hey how do those nitrous controllers work, and about how much do they run?...what are the pros and cons?...thanks!
Old 07-22-2002, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The units that XtreemPC is talking about aren't really controlers, they are more like activators.

They allow you to arm the nitrous switch at idle, but they will not truely arm the nitrous system until a certian RPM has been reached.

The MSD unit is adjustable via plug in modules that allow you to set the nitrous *on* RPM and *off* RPM. The MSD unit is a *hard* on unit. It is a 100% off or 100% on system.

The Crane system is also adjustable, but via dials locate on the side of the unit. The Crane unit has a *soft* on system. It slowly ramps up the Nitrous at the start RPM, however it will shut off the system 100% at the top RPM limit.
Old 07-22-2002, 10:16 PM

i'm using a Apexi RSM-GP, it handles *remote appliances* like nitrous or whatever. just need to add a relay. You can tune it to activate at whatever variable you want, (rpm,speed,power,forward/back acceleration etc) pretty cool, but i don't think it ramps up your NOS. its a on at set point then off at set point. like a window switch but more features.

yeah, probably a useless post on my part, but i just wanted to share. I'm going to be running the ZEX kit soon and i've already setup the activation with relay. its relatively cheap setup $200 or $250(with power calculator and Gsensor).
Old 07-23-2002, 04:29 AM

acualy it is a controller but it
limited to rpm based control it only lacks
the time based controls and second stage controls of the $1000 units

it will control start flow, full flow (when you want the full shot to engage you can set it for hard on if you want},stop flow and first gear flow is setable to %50 or %75 of the curent flow setting's
see pics