Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

my car is stupid

Old 11-11-2002, 05:23 AM
Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know exactly, because I have not performed this modification on my own car just yet. My time will come very soon, but not just yet...

I would assume that either a plate will need to be manufactured ($1 in steel plate, $1 for the AN fitting, and $50 for labor and welding) or perhaps you'll get lucky and it will just all go together normally.

Not 100% sure...
Old 11-11-2002, 08:05 AM

I did the install myself... ill just tlak about the wet kit..easier

I put the nozzle into the intake tube prx. 1 inch away from the tb. I had the opening spraying toward the intake. then i installed the jets for the 50 shot(cant remember size off top of my head.) put the lines over the ends and sealed it tight. taped fuel line, installed t connecter clamed off made sure no gas leaked. connected hose from line to fuel silinoid. then connected fuel silinoid to the fuel side of the nozzle. then ran the hose for the nitrous and connected that to the nitrous side of the nozzle. mounted the bottle. connected the hose to the bottle. I then wired it. After wiring was done both silinoids made the clicking noise they are suppose to. So i figured it shoudl be good to go...i wnet out tested it shot it at 4k in 3rd gear..my car suddenly bogs down then when i put it in nuteral my idel was at 6k because it had set my idel screw off..any idea what i did wrong
Old 11-11-2002, 10:35 AM
Red

Well, I guess I stand by my statement. Find yourself a better installer, because your install just obviously was severely lacking. I didn't remember you doing your own install, but whatever.

Something you did wrong, and you did it bigtime. Gut instinct, just as before, says you did something incredibly wrong on the fuel side. Either you are getting a massive overdose of fuel because of your rediculous fuel pressure (255lph pump + stock regulator = 60+psi rail pressure) OR you are somehow spraying zero (or close to) nitrous with your normal fuel.

Or hell - maybe it's both? No nitrous + two times too much fuel = JESUS BOG (TM 0001 AD God Industries Limited Liability Corporation)

In any case, because the fact that your wet kit install is doing the exact-same-damn-thing as your direct port install, this somehow leads me to believe that it is (gasp) the installer who is the problem and not necessarily the nitrous kit.

Just a suggestion, but perhaps you should find someone to help you with this install that has been here before. You just need to take your time and do it slowly and watch what you're doing...

You cannot add 50% or 100% more power to your car by slapping something together and "hoping for the best"... Lucky for you it only bogged instead of suddenly eating another 350HP and bending a crankshaft and forcing pistons through the cylinder sleeves.

Just a thought, but you don't mess with severe-duty horsepower in such a manner. Be careful, and find someone to help you who understands what's actually going on.
Old 11-11-2002, 11:16 AM

well i didnt do it by myself lol..i had a friend help me...he put a wet kit on his car a direct port on a civic(god help us lol) and a few others but yea i dunno ill tkae ur advice spend the 40 bucks an hour lol
Old 11-11-2002, 11:45 AM

please tell me you didnt use a civic specific kit on your car....

Your having the same problem with this kit than you were with your direct port...

You need to recheck those CEL's... those will let us know if your running extremely rich or not

How about pulling the plugs and letting us know how they look?

Do this after one of your attemps to spray
Old 11-11-2002, 11:47 AM

haha no i did not use a civic kit on my car
my plugs look fine...
Old 11-11-2002, 11:51 AM

after spraying or what ever is going on in your engine... pull out the plugs... if you are running extremely rich... you should still be able to see fuel on the spark plug

another thing you can do to make sure your getting nitrous....

pull one of the nitrous lines that plugs into your manifold... have a buddy hold it and spray... that should tell you if your getting nitrous
Check with the fuel line if you want... just hold a rag and dont spray too long
hot engine + flammable liquid= BOOM!

We need more info from you man... im thinking the wiring is screwed up...
BTW are you using the same nitrous or fuel solenoid for both kits?
Old 11-12-2002, 10:35 AM

i used the silinoids from the direct port kit for the wet setup yes
Old 11-12-2002, 05:14 PM

there you go....

until you do the test i told you to do... i cant help you any further..

i think its the solenoid...