Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Dyno numbers of my Zex Tib.

Old 01-12-2003, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno numbers of my Zex Tib.

Last night I went to the Dyno and test it. Just before take it to the rollers I leave the engine on, for an hour, to keep the bottle warm. The Max numbers were 180.5 hp and 180.8 of torque @ the wheels with a shot of 65hp, the trick of this numbers is a warm bottle , the car only have custom made I/H/E and B&M gas regulator with no cams, no bored intake or throttle. At N/A the car makes only 121.3 hp and 119.1 of torque @ the wheels.
Later, when I find someone with a scanner I will post the grafic here. wink
This problem was at N/A: is that at full throttle shows less hp than with 3/4 of throttle, why?, I dont know. Maybe is that have a lot of gas when is at full throttle but the pressure is a conservative 35 PSI. I dont know if I can combine an APEXi to make my car faster at N/A but maybe I will have problems with the Zex system when I use it, I dont want to tune my car, with the Apex, when using nitrous I just want to make better numbers at N/A.

The guy of the Dyno shop told me that the car can make 184-187 hp if I had let the engine to cool before test it, remember that my engine was on for an hour just before taking it to the rollers.

Click here to see the Video of the dyno.

[ January 12, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Noel ]
Old 01-12-2003, 12:35 PM

WOW... Impressive! That's a real nice kick.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:26 PM

tibs go pig rich @ WOT ... i have also noted that it feels faster @ about 80% throttle... but that can be fixed with an S-afc soon enough
Old 01-13-2003, 01:58 AM

I have a question bro. maybe you made a mistake when you wrote in that you dynoed at 121hp at the wheels with I/H/E. That doesn't make any sense. If a stock 5 speed makes between 119-121hp at the wheels. If properly done, you should be at around 145-150hp at the wheels just N/A.
Old 01-13-2003, 04:44 AM

EL Tiburon:
I have a question bro. maybe you made a mistake when you wrote in that you dynoed at 121hp at the wheels with I/H/E. That doesn't make any sense. If a stock 5 speed makes between 119-121hp at the wheels. If properly done, you should be at around 145-150hp at the wheels just N/A.
I highly doubt that someone with just I/H/E would dyno at 145-150

The 5 speed has dynoed between 110-125whp
Expect about 10-15 whp with I/H/E
Old 01-13-2003, 04:46 AM

EL Tiburon:
I think the same thing that you, but there is a picture of the printed paper, so I dont enter anything wrong, maybe the problem is that I am not using the second oxygen sensor (this one is connected to the ECU plug) is wraped to the front sway bar. And an old, disconnected O2 sensor is in the hole of the exhaust tube. I do this to maintain off the CEL light cause I have a high flow cat very far away from the original position and I can't put the stock order of first O2 sensor, cat and second O2 sensor.
Old 01-13-2003, 04:58 AM

Yup
thats a problem

I have a hi flow cat and many on the board do too...

You need to have the 1st o2 sensor infront of it... and the other behind it

The 1st 02 sensor riches and leans out your fuel map

A high flow cat will not trigger a CEL
Old 01-13-2003, 09:25 AM

I expect atleast a 15-20 hp gain. why, Yuri had his car dynoed stock on an auto and dynoed at 101hp (if i'm not mistaken), With I/E/H, he dynoed at 121hp. I have a 5 speed and dynoed at 120hp at the wheels, stock, same dyno. So, by the gains he had, I would expect it to be a little higher. I have yet to dyno and will try to dyno this weekend. I just installed my AFC and relocated my O2 sensors. I'm also spraying a 35 shot of NX. so we'll see. I don't want to start no arguement, I just think that those numbers are a bit low, but I guess i'm just scared i'll prove myself wrong.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:54 AM

I am worry about that low numbers in my car at N/A, but I dont know why I got so big numbers when I spray it, I had read a lot of other post of people, with the same Zex system and same 65 shot, with more mods than me and dont pass the 170hp mark. For me the car have good numbers of course with the shoot.

One thing to remember I am using colder (two points) spark plugs, that hurt N/A performance a lot. Here is the real problem. But I am sure that my car the best that can do is 130hp at N/A with the mods that have know, I say this because I am tired of reading Dyno Post of other people.

EL Tiburon let us know, wink but dont try to sell your car if you dont see what you spec when you test your car, I know why I am telling you this, maybe that outside low temps that are in Miami now, help you a lot. tongue.gif
Old 01-14-2003, 01:55 AM

That's cool bro. Maybe I did exagerate alittle on the numbers. I will try to make the dyno this weekend and see what numbers turn up and no I don't think i'll get rid of my car that easily tongue.gif . I'll post the numbers as soon as I get that done.