Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Anyone installed the Venom VCN-2000?

Old 07-18-2002, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone installed the Venom VCN-2000?

A search yielded some people who had installed the VCN-1000 in their cars, but has anyone done the VCN-2000 (the computer controlled one) yet? I'm thinking about getting the kit, but wanted to know if anyone's tried it. There was a post that said that Venom now has an application for the 01 tib, but is that only the 1000 model? I'm going to email them, but I thought I'd check with you guys as well. I know the kit is expensive, but I might have line on one that's a bit less expensive than the retail price.

Thanks,
Old 07-18-2002, 03:11 PM

i have installed one on a eclipse
i was not impressed by the kit
it has continuous rpm errors
takes up to two minutes to ready up
and other than the 02 sensor part of
it wich is buggy too all the other
stuff is pretty much pointless
the linear mode is only off throtle angle
timed mode only applies if you have a turbo
or shift at the exact same time every time
plus there no rpm limit you can still hit the
rev limiter

I use the zex kit with a nitrous controller wich is rpm based so you you dont have to try and throttle back and i am much more pleased and the motor is also more pleased as it does not
see a full shot at lower rpm's and rev limiter is not a worry
http://www.cranecams.com/import/controls.htm
Old 08-12-2002, 04:58 PM

Your one of the FEW people I have seen that's using Crane' Digital Nitrous Controller. How do you like it so far?

Anyway, I can SMOKE Venom's VCN-2000 with NX EFI Import kit, F.R.E.D Progressive controller, GenX upgrade and Speed Shop's A/F ratio nitrous shut-off swtich. I can even add a remote bottle opener for the same amount of money. You would have a MUCH wider range of adjustabilty. I do mean WIDE. You could also run 100hp shot with this system. Try that with the Venom without leaning the system out, unless you upgraded your injectors and maybe your fuel pump along the way.

If I had to get any Venom kit it would be the VCN-1000, but you could save some money and go with a ZEX, NOS, Compucar, The Nitrous Works kit.

But guess what? I sell the NX kits for less than any of the kits I just mentioned... E-mail me if you want some infomation.