Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

14.3@99mph *updated*

Old 04-22-2003, 03:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

That's all exactly what I was thinking and that's how my setup is situated. I have the UR pulley so I figured my pump wasn't getting enough voltage at idle. In fact, I know for a fact that my system doesn't get as much voltage that it should vs. without the pulley.
I was kinda scared about lowering the pressure below say 41psi because I thought it would run lean after letting OFF the throttle after flooring it. I know the A/F meter should show lean when letting off the throttle, but it still scares me sometimes. eek!

I have the nitrous tapped into the rubber fuel line before the rail. I did the nitrous install before the regulator, so that's where it had to go. I hit the nitrous switch during idle and the fuel gauge doesn't move at all, even with a 150 shot wink
Old 04-22-2003, 03:50 AM
Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lean thing is ok smile.gif The reason it goes uber-lean is because the computer shuts off the injectors when your car is above 1300 RPM's -- it's called decel fuel cutoff. There's no need to feed the car gasoline on deceleration smile.gif
Old 04-22-2003, 04:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Red:
The lean thing is ok smile.gif The reason it goes uber-lean is because the computer shuts off the injectors when your car is above 1300 RPM's -- it's called decel fuel cutoff. There's no need to feed the car gasoline on deceleration smile.gif
Awesome!!! Where can I read more about that and A/F tuning? Bell?

Thanks Red!!!
Old 04-22-2003, 04:39 AM
Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hehe, I learned about the fuel decel cutoff when tuning the Haltech Had I dug deeper, I could have perhaps found that our cars did this stock, but it never occurred to me to even think about it. The stock ECU of your car does indeed shut off the injectors if your throttle is at 0% and you're above 1300 RPM's. The Haltech has the same optional setting... It's simply to bring the engine speed down in rapid succesion, and is also there to provide better deceleration when you're still in gear.

As for reading more about fuel tuning, I'm not 100% sure. Bell has some stuff, so does McInnes. A lot of it is just trial and error; the only thing books can provide is operational suggestions.

Each engine will function better with it's own certain tuning characteristics, so you really just have to fiddle with it until you get the results you want smile.gif